Friday, September 8, 2006

What Year is This?

I took a quick look at the "Weekend" section of the Philadelphia Inquirer today to see what famous artists were coming to town, and had to look at the upper-right corner of the paper to verify that today was September 8, 2006.

Stock up on Tylenol and No-Doz, rock fans. The Geezers are coming!

On September 21, it's Blue Oyster Cult, Vanilla Fudge and Cactus coming to Glenside, PA. I saw Blue Oyster Cult 3 times in the 70s because they were headlining for someone I really wanted to see - and it wasn't Vanilla Fudge or Cactus. Next, Ian Anderson "Plays Orchestral Jethro Tull" on the 3rd of October. I guess the aging Tull fans are willing to sit still for the orchestra, and Ian doesn't have to jump around as much as he used to.

Warm up the walkers! Over at the Tweeter Center, it's Aerosmith and Motley Crue on the 23rd. I guess they've run out of "reality" shows, so now it's off on the road. Judy Collins is at the TLA on the 15th (plenty of seats are still available) and the Average White Band is there on October 14th. All that is followed by James Taylor for TWO nights at the Tower Theater. I'm guessing that there will not be a need for added security guards at any of these shows.

Get your Rascal Mobility Scooters and head over to the Wachovia Spectrum, where they are hosting Bob Dylan on November 18. Tickets are priced from $40 to $70. One supposes they are charging based on age.

Thank God KT Tunstall is at the Electric Factory tonight, or I'd have to get back in the Delorian and wind it up to 85mph.

I just now found out that Katharine McPhee soiled "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" by singing it not once, but twice on that Idol show. I guess it's good exposure for KT, but perhaps there should be a lawsuit pending.

10 comments:

Kate Michele said...

So are you going to see KT cause if you are I'd like to say in advance that you SUCK!!!

Noone cool comes around here its mainly all for the gezzers like all your above mentioned concerts!!

Pam said...

Stock up on Tylenol and No-Doz, rock fans. The Geezers are coming!

Anthony - you crack me up!!

Does it mean that I am old if I would go see James Taylor??

Kate Michele said...

No way Pam.... I was brought up on his music...I'd go see him for sure!!

Carmen said...

not only that, but McPhee sang it twice BADLY :) Though I'd never heard the song before Idol, and it made me want to go download it. So yea! for KT

kimmyk said...

She didn't do that bad on Idol, but no where near the original.

Now, who the hell are the Geezers?

I'm gonna have to Google them.

Anthony said...

Pam: No, not old - mature.

Carmen: You should check out the whole CD (Eye to the Telescope).

Kimmy: I think the Geezers should be the name of my band if I ever decide to get back into music!

supergirlest said...

anthony - kara here, via pam's blog. i've subbed you now! you can run, but you can't hide!

throwin' in my cents:

*singing* anthony, DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!!!!!

Kate Michele said...

HOLD THE PRESSES>>>>>

Anthony you were IN music? What did you play???

Pam said...

Hi kara!! *waving*

So, Anthony - do tell - what did/do you play?

Anthony said...

OK - inquiring minds...

I play(ed) the guitar for several years in a little "bar band", playing rock when disco ruled and DJs were cheaper - the late '70s.

I am still capable, but lack the desire. Maybe now that school is finished I can pick it up again.