Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Is it Have-re or Harv?

There is something in my makeup that keeps me from getting all worked up over plans or things that I want to do, but in this case, the weird geek in me is jumping up and down - on the inside.
I don't know if the ad on the tournament web site is guilty of hyperbole or merely stating fact, but perhaps history is a bit overstated in this case. Nevertheless, I have purchased a grounds pass for the week of June 4th to roam the historic Bulle Rock golf course in Havre deGrace, Maryland to watch the best golfers in the world (no debates, please) compete in the McDonald's LPGA Championship. I'm getting hungry. By the way, I'd like to find Havre and smack him for naming a town whose name is so difficult to say.
A week's pass cost $55, and it allows me to go to the practice round on Wednesday and any of the four days of competition. I'll be blog-posting all week, so be prepared for LPGA overload, you lucky people.

Of course, I plan on following Paula Creamer for most of the tournament, as regular readers will no doubt suspect. The decision on how to best view the tournament will probably be more difficult, since I have been spoiled by TV. It may wind up being a game-time decision, and it will probably come down to whomever is leading or paired-up with Paula on the days I decide to go.

On the bright side, it's nice to have built-in blog posts for a whole week. Having [Havreing] said all that, it may rain for four days, rendering the week's pass useless, which is precisely why I do not get overly excited about things until they actually happen.

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

Good Lord try not to get arrested for stalking that poor girl.

Anthony said...

Lawdy, I'd never stalk anyone with access to a bag full of golf clubs.

rattln along said...

have fun and remember to duck. Maybe you will get lucky (no, not that way. well...who knows.) and bring home a spherical souvenir.

Sparky Duck said...

Hahvrey de Gras, though I could pronounce it alot better then spell it fenetically. I look forward to great stories.