Sunday, December 17, 2006

Tag, I'm It

OK, so I'm sitting around, minding my own B. I. business, and this Pam character tags me.
Here are the rules :
Find the nearest book.
Name the book
The author
Turn to page 123
Go to the fifth sentence on the page
Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.

The book that is closest to me on the bookshelf:
The Lives of John Lennon by Albert Goldman


This was the John Lennon who could have led the Beatles forward to become the first great hard rock band of the Sixties. They might have rocked with the tough working-class beligerence of The Who, becoming a group whose musical gestures, seconded by corresponding stage gestures, would have created a rock theater that could have enabled John Lennon to enact the psychodrama seething inside his soul. The machine-wrecking tactics of The Who would have suited Lennon right down to the ground, and eventually he might have written his own Tommy (as, in a way, he did with the Primal Scream Album).

Much more interesting than Pam's. I think it would make a great choice for your book club.

I'll have to think about whom to tag. Watch your comments boxes, Blogger buddies.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Pam "character"? I'm not sure that was a compliment ;-).

It does sound interesting. I'll bring it up to the book group.

Thanks for playing!

Kate Michele said...

I'll work on this....Man all this Homework from people!!

Kate Michele said...

Ok I did it...My homework is complete...Can I play now??

kimmyk said...

OK I am doing this one for tomorrow. Thanks for the tag. gGGRrrr.