Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Blogger Funk


That's right, I said funk.

When life is kinda empty and you're feeling kinda blue,
Just remember whatcha wanna write, or say or do.

Jot down a note,
or just a thought to get you through the day.
Or if you've got a phone, no need to write, just need to say.

Unless of course, Audioblogger starts funking with you. That's right, I said funking.
With Audioblogger you can post audio to your blog from any phone. Just dial a number and speak. The audio will automatically be posted! So they say.
I wanted to set up a cool audio account like our 21st Century Blogger buddy Kimmyk, who filed a post from the airport. However, it seems that not only is Audioblogger a little ornery, but it has a personality as well. Here's the error screen:

My favorite part is the "Ummm" at the beginning. A slightly apologetic Audioblogger. Although I'm not sure the problem is with my blog. I'm very possessive, and I think the problem is with you. I'm working on it.

Meanwhile...
Four more Google searches for our pal Cecily Tynan in the past 2 days. Strangely, one from Richmond, VA looking for "Cecily Tynan scandal", and another from Brisbane, California. As far as I know, the girl is crime-free. Two local searches - one from the University of Pennsylvania and another from the Wyeth-Ayerst Research Lab. Geez, I don't want to know what that's about. The boys are wasting their lunch breaks on Cecily. I don't know what you people are looking for, but thanks for stopping by and bringing the funk. I'm watching ya.

The Philadelphia School District has designated October as Lesbian and Gay History Month, which has some parents upset. My question: What is the history, exactly? The history of sexual preference? I don't get it. Why is the school system celebrating sexual choice?

Are they also doing Fellatio Friday for the kids? Maybe a nice condom demonstration or a puppet show featuring various sexual positions: "Hey kids, it's Poppy the Penis. How are ya today? When Miss Missionary gets here, I'm gonna show you all the do's and don'ts when mommy and daddy are at work." I'm glad I don't have any kids in school. My nerves can't take it.

I'm going back to work on the Audioblogger.

LIVE UPDATE:
Audioblogger works with the original log-in for Blogger, not the Beta log in. It remains to be seen whether my audio posts will work with the Beta version I'm using.
And, while I was working on the blog, I registered another Cecily Tynan search. This one is from the law firm of Kaplin Stewart in Pennsylvania. Maybe she hired lawyers to research the trendy status of her name? I may be calling in my posts from a State Penetentary soon. Lucky I got the Audioblogger set up, eh?
Geez.

8 comments:

Kate Michele said...

OMG Anthony you are too funny!!!

Maybe schoold should start "bring your own bananna to health class day" for the purpose of learning HOW to put the condom on!!! Or maybe the condum itself needs a whole month for its history!!

Audioblogger may start to be compatible...it finally saw us as compatible and started letting me post again with out a seprate login!!

Anthony said...

I don't know ... I think those kids may be intimidated by the size of the banana-condom combo; if ya know what I mean.

Don't want to traumatize the tikes.

Kate Michele said...

That's what we did in health class... I think intimidation was the point!!

Anthony said...

You had fun health classes. All we ever did was talk about body odor.

Fresh fruit would have livened it up.

Carmen said...

gay and lesbian history month? There's history? To quote Audioblogger, Ummmmmmm, that's weird.

Pam said...

"Poppy the Penis"???

Anthony, where do you come up with this stuff? I'm gonna say it again...you ought to be doing this for a living! This whole post would be a great sitcom episode!

Gattina said...

Unfortunately you cannot see my comment because it's visual. So I try to describe it. I am sitting here with my mouth large from one ear to the other, by laughing and I whinny like an old horse !

Anonymous said...

.

We work like a horse.
We eat like a pig.
We like to play chicken.
You can get someone's goat.
We can be as slippery as a snake.
We get dog tired.
We can be as quiet as a mouse.
We can be as quick as a cat.
Some of us are as strong as an ox.
People try to buffalo others.
Some are as ugly as a toad.
We can be as gentle as a lamb.
Sometimes we are as happy as a lark.
Some of us drink like a fish.
We can be as proud as a peacock.
A few of us are as hairy as a gorilla.
You can get a frog in your throat.
We can be a lone wolf.
But I'm having a whale of a time!

You have a riveting web log
and undoubtedly must have
atypical & quiescent potential
for your intended readership.
May I suggest that you do
everything in your power to
honor your encyclopedic/omniscient
Designer/Architect as well
as your revering audience.
As soon as we acknowledge
this Supreme Designer/Architect,
Who has erected the beauteous
fabric of the universe, our minds
must necessarily be ravished with
wonder at His infinate goodness,
wisdom and power.

Please remember to never
restrict anyone's opportunities
for ascertaining uninterrupted
existence for their quintessence.

There is a time for everything,
a season for every activity
under heaven. A time to be
born and a time to die. A
time to plant and a time to
harvest. A time to kill and
a time to heal. A time to
tear down and a time to
rebuild. A time to cry and
a time to laugh. A time to
grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones
and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a
time to turn away. A time to
search and a time to lose.
A time to keep and a time to
throw away. A time to tear
and a time to mend. A time
to be quiet and a time to
speak up. A time to love
and a time to hate. A time
for war and a time for peace.

Best wishes for continued ascendancy,
Dr. Whoami

P.S. One thing of which I am sure is
that the common culture of my youth
is gone for good. It was hollowed out
by the rise of ethnic "identity politics,"
then splintered beyond hope of repair
by the emergence of the web-based
technologies that so maximized and
facilitated cultural choice as to make
the broad-based offerings of the old
mass media look bland and unchallenging
by comparison."

P.P.S. Here's some blogs that I found
of interest
as I negotiated my way
through cyberspace:


Is Jesus God?
Religion Comparison
Watch The Jesus Movie
Muhammad or Jesus???
Answering Islam
A Short Look At Six World Religions
God's Word in different languages...
How to become a Christian
Who Is Jesus?
Around the Well
Every Student
'Thought & Humor'


Tell me sometime what your thoughts are on the above:O)