Monday, July 6, 2009

A blessed week off.

Today is the first day of another week of vacation. Today's highlight was a dental cleaning at 9:00am followed by a sprightly 23 mile bike ride at noon. Later, I'll be taking in the Phillies/Reds game tonight. The highlight of that affair will be that Paula Creamer is throwing out the first ball. At least I hope she is. She pulled out of the Owens Corning tournament last week with a thumb injury. I suppose, if she isn't going to play the Open she wouldn't bother to come to Philly to go to a baseball game.
The LPGA is playing their U.S. Open at Saucon Valley this week. I'm going to be there Thursday and Friday at least. Depending on who's on the leaderboard and what the traffic looks like, I'll probably wander out there one day over the weekend too. The tournament is a 90-minute drive along the Pennsylvania Turnpike, which has a way of turning into a 190-minute drive.
Otherwise, it'll be a mundane week off work which is better than a good week at work, I assure you.

3 comments:

Firestarter5 said...

How much is admission to these golf games?

annabkrr said...

Have a great week off my friend!!!

Anthony said...

The week's pass to the McDonald's tournament a couple of weeks ago was $55. This week's U.S. Open week pass is $130.
I could have bought individual days for between $30 and $45, but I'm never sure of the weather, since I have to buy them in advance.