Friday, October 27, 2006

Vos o No Vas

Bienvenido, Bloggers.
EL GAMESHOW MÁS EXITOSO DEL PLANETA

Los fines de semana no serán lo mismo en Telemundo. Este programa te mantendrá al borde de tu asiento durante cada segundo y hasta el final. Muy Pronto. *

OK, that's enough of that nonsense. While working the channels the other night, I stumbled across my favorite non-English speaking TV channel, Telemundo. Usually, it's the scantily-clad women that catch my eye, but this time it was something else.

It was Vas o No Vas, the Spanish-language version of NBC's game show, Deal or No Deal, hosted by genial Hector Sandarti. It had all the Deal junk ... the steel cases, hot babes, the wacky contestants and goofy host. Although the cases were a little less fancy, the host a lot less bald (and quirky), the show looked like it was produced by college students and I didn't understand a word ... still, I couldn't turn away.

Forget that the top prize was a measley $250,000 (2,677,323 Pesos). When the contestants on the Deal show get down to that sum, I flip over to repeats of Everybody Loves Raymond.

But, to keep me interested, the babes (Las Bomboletz) are still hot...... and contrary to the English show, this one has a theme song. At the end, the winner holds a big novelty check and the babes dance around and sing the theme song. Es gran.

One interesting thing about it is that Vas o No Vas translates to "You Go or do not go". It's a lot catchier than the literal "Trate o ningún Trato". I go, Hector. Voy.

By the way, the girl in the red dress at the top is named Silvia es LaTentación, and if you think those are the most-fakest boobs you've ever seen, then I say usted tiene razón. I'm a white shirt and vest man, myself. Pero, soy un idiota.

Abra el caso.












* Welcome, Bloggers. The most successful game show on the planet. Weekends will not be the same thing in Telemundo. This program will maintain you at the edge of your seat during each second and even the end. Very Quick.

And, a big Gracias to the folks at Free2Professional Translation for the help.Yo no hablo español.


11 comments:

Kate Michele said...

VAS!!! VAS!!! VAS!!! OOOOOO I'll take the VAS!!!

supergirlest said...

mi porquito espanol. muy, mucho porquito. imagine my surprise when i logged into bloglines and found this new entry for my sick mind, en espanol! :)

see how outta the loop i'am? i didn't even know there was an american version of lets make a deal still on. i learn something new everyday. :)

Anthony said...

supergirl: That's why you log in! Learning is fun.

Pam said...

weird. my sick mind was gone - vanished from my blog lines. I was like "oh no, they got anthony." so I clicked on over to kara's blog to see if she was still around and then hit her link to your blog and IT WAS IN SPANISH!!

Don't mess with my mind like that dude. I mean if you defected to mexico, then that's okay. But you a-scarded me ;-).

Kate Michele said...

You got sent to witness protection...didn't you???

msliberty said...

Help a girl out and let me know what bloglines are...

The commercial for the game show is hilarious!

Anthony said...

Kate: Sssssssh. Yes. My new name is Dondy Esta.

Muy agradable.

rattln along said...

what no comment on the enhanced curves on the lady??? After I read your post I had to go back up and look more carefully. WOW. Who was her enhancement technician?

Anthony said...

I don't know who the "technician" was, but I think there may be another game show idea there.

rattln along said...

So I can't spell without the help of Microsoft. That would be an interesting gameshow. I have a title for it as well:
Verdadero O No Verdadero

Anthony said...

I only put technician in quotes because it would be a technical feat -- and an engineering one as well. Keeping those things from falling to the floor.