Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A taxing situation.

Fuck Turbo Tax.
And while we're at it fuck the entire tax system and the people who profit from it.
I hope they have some lackey at whatever Hellhole they inhabit doing Google searches for their company so that they can see Fuck Turbo Tax come up in big fucking bold letters on their fucking wide screen monitors.
I hope they see it around lunch time when their fucking corporate attorneys are choking on a stale turkey wrap.
Where did this wrath start? When I bought their fucking software and it told me that I owed $4,200 in federal taxes, and I went to H & R Block and entered the same info and I was told I owed $710. That's a start.
Now, I find myself doing my Sainted mother's income taxes on their fucking "free" web site. The woman earns $4,000 a year working for a local school in addition to the Social Security she gets. They take state income taxes out of her wages because they say, "We have to" and every year, she gets the same $63 refund (sorry, "overpayment") because my fucked-up state can't revise its bookkeeping to allow an 84-year old woman to keep an extra 63 fucking dollars.
But I digress.
Every year, I do her taxes. This year I did the same thing I did last year. I went to Turbo Tax's "FREE" (in quotes) tax prep page. At the end of the process, I was told that I owed $25.95 to file on their "Free Edition" (their words, not mine - check the image) for a $63 refund.
So, to you at Turbo Tax, choking down your turkey wraps I say a hail and hearty, "Fuck You!" I'll fill out the Goddamned paperwork myself before I'll give you 26 dollars for a 63 dollar tax refund (sorry, "overpayment").
I hope you get Salmonella poisoning, you fucking bastards. You're part of the whole fucked up tax system that (a) kills people who earn a living and (b) makes them sweat bullets over "tax season" which, much like duck season and rabbit season, is best spent in hibernation until the people with the bullets run out of ammo.
Did I forget to say, "Fuck you, Turbo Tax?"
No, I didn't.

4 comments:

Kate Michele said...

::smile::
I know u are stressed and pissed at fucking turbo tax
BUT
I LOVE when u get attitude and start throwing the F-bomb!!!
Just makes u feel better, don't it?

Xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

most people can file for free in NJ at http://www.njwebfile.com/ I'm surprised you don't use that?

Anonymous said...

I think the Great OBama should do away with the IRS tax system and put in a flat tax: send in all your money and we will give it to the banks.

That is what is happening now anyway. Why would you not give the money to the consumers so that they can pay off the debt that the banks are screwing us with? Have you seen the interest rate decline on any of your credit cards? No but the banks get billions of our money and there is not a single cent going to the consumer.

But also Fuck TurboTax and the IRS that You rode in on.

kimmyk said...

sorry to hear your mom is having a hard way to go with her taxes.

i'm afraid to file my state and city taxes. federal not so much, but the other two? scares me.

i hope you drank some tea after this post. that's a lot of swearin anthony...but i agree..sometimes it does the body good to drop the FBOMB a few times. it's such a powerful word at times.