Wednesday, October 10, 2007

6-year old children are lousy designated drivers.

I burned out on that Deal or No Deal quickly. I think I watched the first half dozen or so episodes, then they started doing crazy shit like inviting Donald Trump to give advice - as if he knows something about picking cases. Bankruptcy, sure. Boxing match with Rosie? You bet. Picking cases? I want Kreskin.
Anyway, I accidentally tuned in tonight and I see that there are now 7 million-dollar cases amongst the 26. Something tells me that they're a little desperate to give the money away, so they've "Little Leagued" it up by making it look like they've rigged the game. Is this supposed to make it more entertaining? Or less entertaining?
They took out all the high numbers, so that the highest before a million is $75,000. Sure, it seems like the game is stacked, but you've still got a 50% chance of getting less than a thousand bucks. Needless to say, I didn't leave it on long enough to find out if the contestant "won". I'd be willing to bet that she walked out with 10 dollars. Did anybody see the show?
By the way, why doesn't the title of the show have a question mark? Isn't it a question? It is.
So, a 6-year old in Colorado took his grandmother's car, presumably to drive to Applebee's. He positioned his car seat behind the steering wheel, started the car and drove it backwards into a power pole, knocking out power to a dozen homes. To comment on the sad state of parenting, the local dimwit checked in. "I have five children of my own, so I know you cannot watch them every minute they're awake," said nearby resident Nancy Hollis, whose power was knocked out by the accident.
"Where's your kid?"
"I dunno. I was calling QVC for one of them diamoneque lapel pins like Donny Osmond's sister has."
"Geez, there he is. He's smoking a cigarette and surfing!"
"Oh well, you can't watch them every minute. Put that surf board down!"
Maybe you could try watching them every other minute? Or at least long enough so they don't have enough time to power-up the family truckster.
I'm seeing an Applebee's ad campaign.
TRY OUR NEW 'CHILD-PROOF' MENU. BUY ONE, GET A FREE DUPLICATE SET OF KEYS FOR YOUR CHILD. HURRY AND BRING YOUR KIDS IN, BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO DRIVE THEMSELVES! WE LOVE YOUR KIDS!
Children under 6 are not eligible for the car keys promotion.

7 comments:

annabkrr said...

HA! I'm really shocked one of my kids hasn't done something like that. Kids are scary smart little effers!

Ladyred said...

Nope I can't get into Howie. I'm barely finding time to watch my movies as well as TV shows. I'm still trying to get the first seasons of the Office, Desperate Housewives (which I find I like now)) along with doing all the homework I need to do.

Oh yea, gotta love the people the media interview. And they are supposed to be the average neighborhood person? Where in the world are these neighborhoods?? You should see the ones they put on TV here in the south. Oh lordy!

Thanks for the food idea! I guess I'm trying to go more fresh. I don't know why because frozen is just as good. I guess fresh would be a better option if I were cooking for more than just me.

MBKimmy said...

mine can't even hold her head up long enough to get out the drive way ... hope I have a few years before this happens!

kimmyk said...

applebee's does have great fries.

i love applebee's. especially the oriental chicken roll up thingamajig. love that.

Firestarter5 said...

Deal or No Deal. It could be a statement.

Anthony said...

Could be, but Howie is asking the contestant if they want a deal or not, so in context...

kimmyk: APPB fries are good. If my arms and legs were broken, I'd let a 6-year old drive me to get some.
The guy I usually go to lunch with orders that roll-up thing every time. I like to try different things. Guess which one of us is an engineer?

Anthony said...

ladyred: I actually prefer frozen veggies to the canned ones. Not as good as fresh, though - but cheaper.

When you get to that Housewives show, you'll have to let me know why they were so desparate.