Monday, October 8, 2007

Today's mundane drama

I know better than to plan things. I still do it, I guess because sometimes the plans come to fruition; probably enough times to encourage me to make more plans.
Today was to be a little day trip in the car to Baltimore (or as they say in Baltimore, Balmer). Nature, however conspired against me with this God awful heat when it's supposed to be autumn. It reached 87 degrees here today, so I can only imagine how hot it was in Balmer.
I shrivel up in the heat. My skin burns. I sweat like a sanitation worker. It's very ... uncomfortable. When I'm out in it struggling, I look around and people are wearing long sleeves and [egad] suits and they look like they stepped out of a refrigerator. I look like I'm having a stroke.
So, I sought other activities. For me, that's a trip to the mall for lunch. Who goes to the mall for lunch? Me. Then it was off to the gym and home, where I decided to join the gang for the Monday night bike ride.
The days are getting shorter, so the ride leaves earlier to get our mileage in before dark. After the ride, I had to go to the grocery store ...
... right about now, you're wishing I went to Baltimore, right?
... shut up ... for cat litter.
Aw, that's enough. I'm boring myself. Next time I'll go, even if it kills me.

5 comments:

Kate Michele said...

HAHAHAHA...You crack me UP!! Look like your having a stroke...that line had me bustin a gut.

kimmyk said...

what didja buy at the grocery store?

Anthony said...

Cat litter, cat food and trash bags - that I put in my re-usable grocery bag.
Ironic?

Scoobers said...

It's amazing being here in AZ reading these comments about the "heat" and watching the news about the "heat wave" at 85 degrees. BEAUTIFUL weather.
But not for a marathon I guess.
And not for October.

Still... for me, perfect weather.

Anthony said...

Scoobers: I've been to AZ, and it was (technically) hotter than it is here, now. Our heat comes with 60% humidity, so it sucks the life right outta ya.

I remember being comfortable in the southwest, even with the heat. And, comfortable in other ways, too.