Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hillary vs. my cat.

Who's dying to see a photo of my cat drinking out of the bathroom sink? OK.
Otherwise, life would be kinda dull around here. Lucky for me, I only have one cat.
And lucky for us, there's only one Hillary...
WEBSTER CITY, Iowa - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton proposed tax cuts of up to $1,000 a year on Tuesday to encourage millions of working-age families to open personal 401(k) retirement accounts. The New York senator said the program would be paid for through higher estate taxes.
Does she honestly think that a tax cut will make people open a retirement account? What color is the sky in her world? For most of us, a thousand dollars is enough to make up for the increases in state taxes, sales tax (here in NJ) and the general cost of living increases that aren't met by our wages. If she thinks - even for a minute - that her constituents are going to use that money for a retirement account, I'd like to introduce her to human nature.
Human nature, Hillary. Hillary, human nature. Nice to meet you. What are you going to do with a thousand dollars? Probably spend it on cable TV and property taxes. Thanks. See ya later.
I'm going to have a lot of trouble, come November 2008 if this is the best they can do.

10 comments:

annabkrr said...

I feel the same way! I honestly don't know who I'll get behind (Well, it will be a Dem), but I also haven't listened too much. It's just been so freakin' early for me!! I guess maybe the nation wanted to focus on what's going to happen rather than what's happening now with Dubya.

Personally, I'd spend the money on kiddie clothes and get myself some FAB-U-LOUS shoes!!

Kate Michele said...

WORD Anthony.... a thousand dollars isn't even diapers for a year for twins.... its not even the difference in higher gas prices. She should look into cuttin the gas prices if she so interested in helping us working age folks save money.

Love the cat photo by the way...thats how my cat drinks too.

Anthony said...

The 1% increase in our State sales tax cost residents an average of $275 last year. That leaves $775 of Hillary's tax cut for our retirement account. By the time we get the check, that $775 will be gone, too.

Ladyred said...

I have random cats coming in and out of my house. They are so cute. The one wouldn't leave last night (neighbor's cat). Probably because I fed her skinny ass. Your's is a cutie too.

Yea I'm so not sure what I"m going to do. I know what I'd do if I could vote on the cover alone hehe. But that's not right. Guess I'll have to listen to the debates.

MBKimmy said...

Love the cat it is so so cute
as for the tax break ... Wtf ... 1000 doesn't make it 2 weeks in this house ... we are all in trouble!

Sparky Duck said...

Love the cat!

What about tax breaks for the folks that already have 401ks? Seems like flawed logic

kimmyk said...

smart kitty!! does he mind that his feet get wet though?

msliberty said...

I love the cat too!!!

Firestarter5 said...

Why do people put a box of kleenex on the back of the toilet? Many people do this. Is this in case the TP suddenly vanishes during mid-sitting?

Anthony said...

The Kleenex fits, I guess is why I put it there. There's no room otherwise.
As for its purpose, those are many, but mostly it's the morning nose blow.