Tuesday, September 4, 2007

They'll love this in France

I will pander. Just so you'll know. Occasionally, an opportunity to pander presents itself and I am all to happy to oblige. I know that people are busy and their Internet searches for Alycia Lane's bikini photos have gone unsatisfied. Believe me, if I had them, you'd be the first to know.
As irrelevant television programs go, the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon has jumped so many sharks that even Fonzie on a Harley couldn't get over them. What does it take to bring something to the forefront of public attention? A little slur.
Jerry dropped the "F" bomb on Monday, while most of America was either watching golf, tennis or each other. Somehow, the telethon raised $64 million, but one wonders how many of those checks will be received now that Jerry has offended 10% of the population.
OK, here's the pandering part.

5 comments:

kimmyk said...

I read about this. I actually forgot the telethon was still on. What happens to all that money? By now with all those millions you'd think there'd be a cure. Mind boggling.

Anthony said...

They can't cure it - then there'd be no telethon.

Sparky Duck said...

you and TMZ keeping the gossip flowing.

Anthony said...

and page E5 of today's Philadelphia Inquirer - so we're in good company.

Ladyred said...

I wonder who will host the telethon when it's Jerry's time to go.....