Friday, July 20, 2007

A brief glimpse into my personal Hell.

I used to have a neighbor, who, upon seeing the newspaper delivery on the roof of his house one day; placed his hands on his hips and proclaimed:
"People are no damned good!"
Last night, I decided to venture out into the realm of the general public - the local bar - and take in part of the Phillies game, and perhaps meet someone whom I could talk to and share an adult beverage.
After tiring (and failing) at that pursuit, I decided to try my hand (and finger) at the bar-centered trivia game. Four dollars a minute to see how my knowledge of nonsense stacks up against like-minded drunks in the greater Gloucester County area.
Midstream into my second game, a figure of the female persuasion entered into my peripheral vision. She spoke...
SHE: Would you like someone to play with you?
ME: Sure!
[Me, foolishly thinking that someone of the opposite sex would take an interest]
SHE: [derisive laughter] Hahahahahaha!
I don't know exactly why she would choose to make a mockery of me in such a way, but suffice it to say, I finished my beer and escaped to the comfort of home, where I hugged my cat and thanked him for his loyalty, while wondering why people can be ... people.
He didn't seem to understand, and neither did I.

2 comments:

Ladyred said...

hey HEY sparky!

That just sounds like kid stuff what she did there. I mean really. I knew of girls who would do that and I'd ask why. THey thought it was funny? Well did they like it when men did it to them? No. Well then why would they do it to someone else? Karma is all I can say.

Sorry A. I know there are a lot of asshats out there of the female persuasion. But not every one of us. Those chics give us decent ones a bad name. And then we end up getting shat on for what they do.

I know of men who do the same (and it's awful because they aren't teenagers anymore either). They will all get theirs.

Ladyred said...

pffft@firestarter