Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another rainy night in Jersey.

Kirstie Alley is fat again. Surprised?
When Kirstie Alley stepped on the scale for the first time in 15 months, it wasn't pretty. "I started screaming," Alley, sipping homemade fruit-infused water in her Hollywood kitchen, tells People in the cover story of its new issue. "It said 228 pounds, which is my highest weight ever. I was so much more disgusting than I thought!"
It turns out, she went off that Jennie Craig crap she was hawking for the past couple of years, and when she went back to the burgers and grape soda - Viola - the weight came back. That's why diets don't work and now it will be harder for her to lose the weight she lost the first time.
It's quite the racket, the diet foods. People desperate to change their shape sign up for those programs and "feel great" but forget that they can't eat like that forever, so when they lose the weight and go back to the junk they were eating before, the weight invariably comes back. Shocker. Jennie Craig, Weight Watchers - all that stuff is just a temporary fix.
Brett Favre is thinking about coming back to the NFL. This time, it's personal. He wants to play for the Minnesota Vikings so that he can exact revenge on the Green Bay Packers, or so he says:
One NFL source insists Favre can't peacefully retire until he finds a way to get revenge on the Packers. He wants back into the NFC North so he can face the Packers twice. The Bears traded for Jay Cutler and the Lions drafted Matthew Stafford. Hello, Minnesota.
"Favre can't stand Green Bay," the source said. "He wants to play Green Bay and say, 'I told you so.' His bitterness is creating this. I think he's calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven't heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play."
I think he's mentally ill. He can't retire in peace until he does what? Win two games against the Packers? The same Packers who rescued him from his pain-pill addiction in Atlanta and sent him to a Super Bowl title and endless praise from John Madden and his own FAVRE highlight category on ESPN's screen crawl. Can that story be accurate? I hope not.
OK, so I didn't buy that Kindle I was looking at last week, but as it turns out, the things I don't do are better than the things I do. Amazon just announced the Kindle DX, a larger version of the Kindle that has a 9.7" screen (2.5 times larger than the Kindle screen) that will be available this summer.
I'm sold on the technology, but the price is still prohibitive. It's $489. I'll have to do some math to see if I can save money by subscribing to the Philadelphia Inquirer on Kindle versus the paper version I get now. I think I can adjust to the electronics, but I will miss my paper newspaper.
I'd wonder if the $1.50 a week subscription will make the Kindle investment worthwhile, or if I'd just be buying into more technology hype. Do I like to read or am I just a gadget junkie? Maybe both.
Check out a video on Amazon's web site. Meanwhile, I still don't know anyone who has one that I can see.
I wonder if I can get my blog on Kindle?
They'd sell a million.

2 comments:

guess... dmb...capt'n fan... lol said...

Hey...what's wrong w/ chubby chicks...LOL LOL LOL LOL

susan said...

If you get a Kindle to read your paper, Kitty will have nothing to bounce on, tug, at or roll around and shred when it's on the floor.

Papers make kitties happy. Keep the newsprint. Have a happy cat.