Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Do some damned thing.

Sometimes I think I'm the only one paying attention.
As the rain approached the area on Tuesday night and temperatures dropped, a small group (gaggle?) of bicyclists passed by the place on their way out to ... wherever ... a big circle, presumably. I'm guessing it was a small gaggle because at least a few others were paying attention.
By 6:45 the roads were soaked with the drizzling rain and the chilled air was made moreso by the feel of damp danskins.
It wasn't as if the rain suddenly appeared out of the blue sky. The skies were grey all day (dey) and it was just a matter of time (6:45) before the grey turned green (see photo above).
As for me, I had a ticket to the Blue Rocks game in Wilmington, and my sore knees were welcoming a seat at a ballpark, but ... no. I knew better than to drive the 40 minutes to the ballpark because ... I was paying attention. The 8 bucks wouldn't make up for sitting in the rain for two hours. It's simple logic.
I'm constantly amazed by bicyclists who feel as though they have to venture out because it's time, only to find that they have a lengthy clean-up ahead of them from the rain. Message to cyclists: It ain't that big a deal. Find something else to do. Relax, have a cream soda.

No comments: