Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Random snow-capped thoughts on things and stuff.

If you've come here looking for more photos of the grand snowstorm, I'm sorry to disappoint you. My morning commute is almost 100% on State highways, so pulling over for a nice photo-op is a life-risking proposition. The trees were snow-covered like the ones I posted last night and earlier today, so the glorious photos will have to wait until a weekend snowstorm.
By the time I got through my morning meeting and headed out to lunch, the warmer temperatures had melted most of the scenery and the trees were back to normal. Temperatures this weekend will be in the 50s (that's right) so it will be more late winter stuff around here soon.
Meanwhile, President Obama has decided that there shall be a salary cap on executives who apply for government bailout money. The same executives that he earlier declared were "shameful" and "the height of irresponsibility." So, what makes him think that these irresponsible executives will be held to the salary when it comes time for their paychecks? If they are indeed irresponsible, don't you think they'll find a way around the salary cap? If pro football teams can do it, the CEO of Countrywide sure as Hell can.
One of the best things I've done for myself lately is investing in original art. Before you think, "Gee, you must be a CEO," you should realize that there is a lot of beautiful original art that can be bought for a reasonable price. One such artist sells her wares on Etsy. Visit Lori Mirabelli's Etsy page and take a look at the beautiful paintings she has for sale. I have bought two of them and they have brightened my home beyond description. Good taste and good work have no monetary value assigned to them. If you purchase one of Lori's paintings and hang it in your home, people will think you have grand style and exquisite taste. And, you single guys out there (me) can finally say, "Come up and see my artwork" and have something to show instead of those lame posters and seashore caricatures. There is a certain modern[slash]50s era moodiness to her work that I find appealing. Kind of like me.
Don't question my tastes - they are beyond reproach.

7 comments:

susan said...

You should frame your pictures Anthony.

Anthony said...

There are some on display in "Disgraceland".

Kate Michele said...

I would love to come see your art work. would you happen to have an opening dear?


xoxox

Anthony said...

There's always an opening for you.

XO

Firestarter5 said...

She's a Canadian!

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Have you seen my art? I can't remember who I've shown them to or not.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

And don't you want to add to your collection? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). Just kidding but I would like to show you my stuff if you haven't seen just because you are an art lover. :)