Thursday, February 5, 2009

Night for day.

I used to be able to write these at work. I'd jot some junk down in Microsoft Word and at lunch time, I'd paste it into the blog. Now, they've this Websense deal that keeps us from viewing photos, listening to streaming audio, personal web sites (like this one) and junk like YouTube and Facebook. Once in a while, it goes nutty and we can't even get into our personal e-mail. That's where most of us draw the line. I'll stay off Facebook, but if I can't read the latest appeal from the Emir of Saudi Arabia asking me to safeguard his personal fortune, I'm going to start complaining.
Of course, I can still write them, but I can't post them until I get home. That cuts into my free time.
It took 26 years, but the FBI has finally rounded up "Tylenol Man." For those of you too young to remember, pill bottles weren't always nearly impossible to open. In fact, they were amazingly easy to open until 1982, when some jackass poisoned Tylenol that killed 7 people in a three-day span in September of 1982.
BOSTON – James W. Lewis has a habit of getting into trouble. And a knack for getting out of it, too. He was charged with killing and dismembering a man in Kansas City, Mo., in 1978, but the case was thrown out. He was jailed on rape charges decades later in Massachusetts, but went free when the victim refused to testify.
And while authorities in Chicago have long suspected Lewis was responsible for the deadly 1982 Tylenol poisonings, the only thing they ever pinned on him was an extortion attempt against the maker of the pain reliever. No one was ever charged in the seven cyanide deaths
.
The FBI has now found new evidence linking Lewis to the crime, proving that there is no statute of limitations. I'm more angry with him over making pill bottles so hard to open. Seven deaths seems like a small price to pay for the layers of plastic wrap, aluminum foil, twist-opening caps and tamper-proof boxes that pills have been infested with since the poisoning.
If his poisoned pills never killed anyone, I'd like to see him serve time for making us spend ten minutes opening a container. The fucking bastard should get the chair.

No comments: