Sunday, November 18, 2007

Karma Schmarma

I was making my usual Sunday run to the big Post Office with my bag of Ebola items, and I walked in just ahead of a woman who needed to use the small stamp machine to buy a stamp to mail a letter. She began griping because the machine had a sign hanging on it, saying "Out of Order", which I happen to know has been hanging there for a number of days.
Frustrated, she began to walk out when I summoned her over to my fancy box-weighing machine, saying, "I can get a stamp for you."
As it turned out, I had to buy a book. I pulled a stamp out for her and she offered to give me the dollar that she was going to use in the smaller machine.
"No, I don't want your dollar. Take the stamp. It will be my good deed for today," I told her, and I gave her the stamp.
"Thank you. This will keep me from being evicted for another month," she said as she put the stamp on the envelope and dropped it in the box. "You have a good day."
"You too," I said, figuring that Karma would find me and I would receive my meager reward for helping the humans.
On my way home, I stopped and bought a bottle of wine to sip while I watched Lorena Ochoa win another tournament. It turned out to be one of the more rancid, ill flavored wines I have had - ever.
Maybe Karma Day is Monday?

1 comment:

MBKimmy said...

Karma works in weird weird ways .. you will get your good deed back when you least expect it!