Monday, November 19, 2007

Life in The Magic Kingdom

If I was a member of the Writers Guild (currently on strike) I'd be perfectly comfortable right now. Richard Lewis used to open his shows by saying, "I have so much on my mind - and yet - I have nothing to say." I hear ya, brother.
Right now, I have an internal battle being waged. It's between Dulcolax and Advil PM. Pick a winner. Better yet, don't. One will be determined. Before I nod off on the toilet, I'll let you in on a few things going on around here.
I have a five-day weekend planned for this coming Thanksgiving week. I'll be off work Wednesday, roaming the streets of Philadelphia. First, I'll be hanging at the Art Museum at the Renoir Landscapes Exhibit. I signed up for the guided tour, which takes place at 9:30am, which means at 8am, I'll be on a New Jersey Transit bus headed for the museum. How I'll get from 12th and Market to the far end of the Parkway is as yet undetermined, but there could be a taxi ride in my future. We all know I refuse to drive over there.
What will follow will likely be a boring blog post all about my experience. I'm taking the guided tour (for an extra $13) because I love art, but I don't always know what I'm looking at. I also like to learn about the history of the pieces, and since taking one of the tours at the East Building in D.C., I'm kind of hooked on them. The guides are usually great, and in D.C., the tours are free - and ya can't beat free.
I haven't planned much of the rest of the week, other than Thursday's dinner with mom, but as they say, a bad day at home beats a good day at work. We have Friday off and hopefully I can forget about the place for a while until reality invades again on Monday.
But, first things first. It's a Battle Royal between the sleep aid and the other thing.

3 comments:

annabkrr said...

Who won the battle?

Kate Michele said...

Hmmmm... I'm still trying to decide if I really wanna know. haha.

Firestarter5 said...

Dulcolax is deadly....effective.