Friday, November 23, 2007

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Thanks, HBO. I had to search a little (or a lot), but there's something called HBO Comedy, way up there on channel 305 of my cable. That's where I found the Curb Your Enthusiasm marathon that started Thrusday night and ran until 8pm on Friday.
Interrupted only by sleep and a trip to the gym, I had 24 hours of Curb episodes running constantly on the TV, which was nice since there was crap on otherwise.
That's the kind of mundane nonsense that makes life bearable around here during the holidays - or the ersatz advertising-induced holiday that we call Black Friday. I resisted the urge to flip on the local news, but I'm sure if I did, I would have been treated to images of goofy shoppers being trampled at the local electronics store or the local department stores that were open long before I crawled out of bed and flipped on the TV.
Even though I have the DVDs perched nicely on the shelves next to the TV, it's nice to have them running on TV while somebody else changes the discs (or whatever they use on HBO) and I can get up or, God forbid, sleep, while the shows run. At least that way, I feel as though I'm getting my money's worth out of the ridiculous cable TV fee.
What a life.

1 comment:

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Christmas and Black Friday are blood sports. It seems like Christmas is celebrated one month longer each year. It's pretty much celebrated now well into February of the next year.

Glad you could zone out a bit with such a great show. I always laugh my ass off watching Curb.