Wednesday, October 24, 2007

What's in between all that space up there?

I'm an American, so I'm supposed to be watching the World Series. Instead, I'm writing this after putting some more junk on Ebola. With 3 to 6 days left on the crap that's up there now, I've got $60 in bids, and they don't end for 3 more days - so that's looking good. I wonder how long I can continue to do this? I should probably be keeping track of this so I can write How I Became an eBay Millionaire. Oh, I am keeping track.
Mostly, I'm saving the money because things are really starting to suck at work and I might need some fallback cash. Unless my co-workers are reading, in which case [thumb in the air] everything is swell!
Kitty goes for more bloodwork on Friday for his kidney disease. I'm not expecting any good news, but the good news is that he looks and seems healthy. I don't notice all that extra peeing that the doc said he'd do, so maybe it's not that far along? I can lie to myself until the bloodwork comes back.
I feel badly for those people in Southern California, having to go through those wildfires, but I think in some ways it puts things in the same perspective as do tornadoes, snow storms, earthquakes and hurricanes. That is, we're sort of like a fungus, clinging onto this host planet that gives us life. However, whenever it wants, it can kick us out - and these are not-so-subtle ways of reminding us of that.
Just like when you forget your wife's birthday, and she screams at you. She really wants to hit you with a chair, but screaming will work. She can kick you out, but she just screams. The screaming is supposed to make us remember and care a little more about what is important. The earth screams sometimes, but we aren't listening.
We will, though - once we're kicked out and it's too late.

8 comments:

kimmyk said...

let me know how kitty is-i'll say a prayer.

for both of you.

Ladyred said...

Whatcha sellin on Ebola? I've got some stuff I still have to put up. So damn time consuming. I don't even think my stuff will be worth anything to anyone anyway. I got junk.

Laura said...

i'm not watching the game either....well, okay i watched the opening while i sat in the radiology department at my local hospital waiting my turn...not willingly mind you...both the game and the need for xrays.
hope the work situation improves.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

I couldn't agree more about the California fires. Hopefully it will be the environmental equivalent of a slap in the face to our society to get us to do more to save our planet.

Mother Earth is sick and we need to do more to help her.

annabkrr said...

I agree with you and James on CA. It's awful and horrible for the humans, but afterall this is GOD's world and he doesn't fuck up on purpose.

I watched bits and pieces of the game. I kept switching to Bionic Woman and Halloween on Monsterfest. I think I have ADHD when it comes to t.v.

Anthony said...

james: We'd like to think that things like fires and floods do some good in the long run, but I'm hearing Governor Terminator say that "we will re-build", which is kind of like saying "screw you, earth."
I guess as long as people have money and short life spans, they'll keep abusing the planet.

It'll be somebody else's problem.

MBKimmy said...

I feel bad for them too ... what a shame ... it is sad!

Scoobers said...

sooner or later it will be too late.