Saturday, October 27, 2007

Only 77 shopping days left...

I wonder who the first person was to figure out that you could eat oysters? Something so disgusting, you'd figure that the shell was more useful than the innards, but there ya go. Somebody had to be the first person to try. The crap they give out Nobel Prizes for now is nothing compared to what those people must have done.
It's been raining like Hell around here lately. That Forrest Gump rain:
"We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath."
Friday night, coming home in some big ol' fat rain (the kind they advertise in those SUV commercials) which was a coincidence because that's where i found myself - behind a big ol' fat SUV. Doing 30 miles per hour. That kind of defeats the purpose, I thought. America has been sold a bill of goods that these huge vehicles are safer, yet people will always drive like they don't know. The 30-thousand dollar SUV and me, in the compact American car were doing the same rate of speed on the road, and both of us arrived safely. How many SUV's could you sell if you said, "Just drive cautiously based on the conditions, and you'll be fine"? Not as many as you could if you scare people into buying them.
I stopped in The Home Depot today and as soon as I got through the door, the most disgusting thing greeted me - Christmas decorations. Christmas decorations for sale. Trees, lights, giant lawn snow globes and inflatable Tony Stewart cars that somehow scream, "It's Christmas!" Right next to them were a few Hallowe'en decorations, with Hallowe'en 4 days away and Christmas...
Say it with screwdrivers.

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

y'know what i want..one of those little handy dandy girl toolboxes.

i have a little hammer around here somewhere but i do need screwdrivers. using a butter knife is gettin kinda old.

Scoobers said...

I was HD buying a propane tank and noticed they were unpacking the artificial trees and wanted to start picketing. Just wrong.

I'll be handing out Christmas candy (on sale at Target) for Halloween : )

Kate Michele said...

OMG KIMMY!!! The all pink ones??!! ME TOO!

I think i'm boycotting christmas this year.. Bahh Humm Bug...

Anthony said...

kimmyk: My ex didn't speak to me for a couple of days after I used a butter knife to turn a screw. Best two days of my life.

Scoobers: I like that idea. Shame I don't get any trick or treaters.

Kate: You and me, kid. Christmas sucks.