Tuesday, August 28, 2007

One of those days

I'm not sure how often, or what the circumstances are that surround it, but every so often I get to thinking that the blog is a bit of a mental drain. It's a bit of a chore to upkeep at those times, especially when life has settled into a malaise where there isn't much to write about and the news is so bland that I can't get excited enough about it to get anything rant-worthy. This is one of "those" times.
Oh ... there's the gay-not-gay Senator Larry Craig from Idaho who went through the ritual fellatio dance in a men's rest room at an airport, which wouldn't be news, except the guy he solicited was a police officer on a stake out. I had this whole His Own Private Idaho thing going on in my head, with all the salacious puns I could think of ... but it just didn't seem to be blog-worthy. But, see - I'm from New Jersey, and soliciting gay sex in an airport rest room is just so ... Idaho. We've been there, done that.
I had a little thing about another supermarket experience, but I've exhausted the supermarket rant to the point that it just isn't super anymore. The standard jackass in the "Express" lane, who stands there blankly while the cashier rings up his order and bags the groceries, while the rest of us wait [not so] patiently. My inner voice was saying, "Grab a bag, chief. I want to get home before the next lunar eclipse," but my all outer voice could do was an eye roll and a gentle smirk, and as I noticed that he was wearing flip-flops, I figured that maybe he shouldn't be too close to plastic bags. Fear of suffocation and all.
So, today will be your day of rest, and mine, too. Take a break. In the meantime, this is kind of cool - even if it is bullshit:

1 comment:

Kate Michele said...

Why do some call it the Supermarket and others call it a Grocery store? Along the same lines as to why some say Soda and others Pop. :D