Thursday, August 30, 2007

The beverage of choice for amorphic men

Some help for the men:
Apparently, the guy who had just left the liquor store had made a dubious choice, and I overheard this comment...
CLERK: If you're a guy and you're buying Smirnoff Ice ... [shakes head]
ME: ... just buy the vodka and get it over with?
CLERK: Yep.
So, men; just so you'll know that when you choose Smirnoff Ice, you're making a statement. I'm here to help.
And it appears that there will be plenty of men in need of help in Colorado, where one elementary school is effectively cutting off their gonads...
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - An elementary school has banned tag on its playground after some children complained they were harassed or chased against their will. "It causes a lot of conflict on the playground," said Cindy Fesgen, assistant principal of the Discovery Canyon Campus school. Running games are still allowed as long as students don't chase each other, she said. In 2005, two elementary schools in the nearby Falcon School District did away with tag and similar games in favor of alternatives with less physical contact.
Do I really have to go on a rant about over-protective schools and parents? Good. When these kids are 21, they'll be stocking up on Smirnoff Ice and drinking other asexual beverages. Is it vodka or beer? We don't know. Are we men or women?
So, stock up on the Smirnoff Ice, guys. Soon, you'll be chased against your will, too. Just don't let them tag ya.

5 comments:

Kate Michele said...

That is my choice of drink if they don't have Skky Blue... But I"m a woman so.....

Ummm...what other running games are there that don't have contact?

Anthony said...

I don't know K8tie. I was wondering that, too. Those Colorado types are odd.

All of my favorite games involve contact. ;-)

kimmyk said...

I've never drank this before. Oh that's right. I don't drink anymore...my bad.

I read that today about not playing tag. I bet smear the queer is still acceptable. Ugh. Hate that word.

Ladyred said...

You know what? I survived TAG. I survived DODGE BALL. Hell I even survived the DAMNED SADIE HAWKINS dances. I turned out ok. *twitch*

These kids are being brought up like pussies anymore. I'm sorry. I just couldn't *** that word out. It has to be said.

Eventually we'll have one of them in office and they will really fuck up the world. Then everyone will wish Bush was back in office. *cough*

Sparky Duck said...

hey smirnoff ice tastes splendid with a shot of wildberry schnapps in it. Oh wait that sounded much better in my head.