Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together

NBC, in cahoots with the NFL, has instituted a flexible schedule for Sunday night, where they can arbitrarily move a game that was originally scheduled for the afternoon and have it played at night on national TV. Nevermind that it may inconvenience fans who travel to see the game or have to get up for work, the almighty Television is a master who must be served.

A few weeks ago, they re-scheduled tonight's Eagles-Colts game. Along the way, the Colts lost (ruining their undefeated season), the Eagles played like crap in losing to Tennessee and Jacksonville and quarterback Donovan McNabb suffered a season-ending injury last week. The once marquee match-up turned into a game that had to be sold rather than sell itself.
Television, in their attempt to manufacture history, has found that history cannot be manipulated, no matter how much money they throw at it.

Few things make me happier than seeing corporate America screwed over. Televisions across America are being tuned out as the Eagles are down 17 points going into the fourth quarter, and it's a little past 10 o'clock EST, while Al Michaels grasps at straws to try to keep fans interested.

Maybe now, they can work on the weather?

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

Football-this is a guy thing.

I was tagged Anthony and I had to tag 6 other bloggers and I tagged you. Rules are on my blog. I hope you play along. Could be something to spin for your 13 Thursday. LOL!

Carmen said...

the almighty dollar has some serious control! I don't watch pro football, it bores me anyway. :)

Ladyred said...

I was wondering what the flexible schedule was. I seem to only catch the tail end of things and I'm left wondering. Thanks for helpin me out!