Friday, August 25, 2006

Is it Friday or Monday?

Try as I might, I couldn't stay away from my favorite form of self-expression.
I was watching a special "Friday Night Edition of Monday Night Football" on ESPN, when the sheer absurdity of the title prompted me to turn off the TV and seek refuge here.
I ran to the Stat Counter to see how many readers I had today, and I was once again drawn to the methods with which people stumble upon this little portal. Among them:
Paula Creamer hairy arm
man pours gasoline on wife in t-mobile store
Dallas sucks T.O. swallows
and, the ubiquitous
Cecily Tynan.
A suggestion to the web searchers: Use the quotation marks. It will narrow down your search, since I'm quite sure I've never written about Paula's arms nor a T-Mobile gasoline incident.
As far as Cecily is concerned, there seems to be a lot of interest - almost all of it somewhere in the greater Philadelphia region, so I can't help but wonder if it's one of her "people" checking to see what the Blogosphere is saying about the girl. Lucky for me, it's never deragotory. Although now, I'm sure I'll come up in a "Cecily Tynan sucks" search.
However, I am still confounded by the arrogance of the local weather people, who today called for a 20% chance of rain. Twenty percent? What does that mean? Either you think it's going to rain or not. Twenty percent is bullshit.
So, thanks Blogosphere, for salving my ills. For the record, I am willing to accept Pluto as a planet. Come aboard. As for Paula, you're still first in my heart - hairy arms (allegedly), pink golf clubs and all - ... even though you're in Dublin, Ohio, tied for eighth.


For the record ... I don't see any hair.

8 comments:

Carmen said...

seriously, I've never figured out how to tell what searches people use to find my blog. I get 120 hits a day, and 10 comments. They're lurking, i just know it.

Anthony said...

It's pretty strange. I know a few people who read but won't comment - for whatever reason.

I'd be more interested to know how many are bookmarking the site. It's a serial, right? Ya gotta come back and see what's happening - Hungarians notwithstanding.

Pam said...

She's cuter than Tyler Hicks!

Kate Michele said...

I like her shoes!! Dublin huh? Thats like twenty minutes from my sister!

Anthony said...

It ain't even close, Pam! I wonder if she can sing?

On second thought, who cares?

Anthony said...

Kate: Her shoes say "Paula" on them. She has them made special.

They're in Dublin all weekend, pitching and putting.

kimmyk said...

Dublin is like right up the road from me. like 20 minutes. you want me to take my laptop and show her your blog? i will..cause i'm good like that.

Anthony said...

Cool. Leave out the part about the arm hair.