Thursday, August 24, 2006

Today's Stupid Thing

According to the Suffolk County District Attorneys office, in Riverhead, N.Y., Annie Donnelly, 38; stole $2.3 million from her employers and spent the money on lottery tickets, buying as much as $6,000 worth of tickets a day in a bid to hit the jackpot, prosecutors said on Thursday. Annie Donnelly, 38, pleaded guilty on Wednesday to stealing the money over 3 1/2 years from her employer, Great South Bay Surgical Associates, where she was a bookkeeper. She was spending about $6,000 on lottery tickets a day, a spokeswoman for the Suffolk County District Attorney's office said. It was not clear how much, if any, she won.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I knew I could steal $2.3 million, why would I spend it on lottery tickets? Could the lottery prize be that much more? I think we have found the definition of "compulsive gambler" or "asshat".

4 comments:

kimmyk said...

she looks strung out on coke or something. lottery tickets? i hope they weren't the scratch off kind. maybe that's her problem-she was snorting the little silver rub off thingies.

Anthony said...

Luck: Me too. Hang out by the pool. There are probably plenty of Hungarian lifeguards.

Kimmyk: She probably has those little silver rub-off thingies all over her car.

Kate Michele said...

First off she has a problem...I could think of a million things to do with 6,000 dollars a day and none of it includes lottery tickets!!

Second, she's 38???!! Girlfriend needs some major anti-aging serum!! LOL....

Pam said...

LOL kimmyK!!

She's definitley got a gambling addiction. If she won the lottery, I bet she'd spend all of that on more lottery tickets.

And how do they not notice all that money disappearing until it reached $2.3 mil?? I'm in the wrong profession!! I notice $5.00 missing from my wallet!