Monday, March 2, 2009

Early to bed, early to shovel.

Thankfully, I have photographic proof of the 10 to 14 inches of snow that we were supposed to get last night.
Unfortunately, I'll never recoup the lost sleep from getting up unusually early to shovel myself out of the expected mountain of snow.
This was the scene when I got to my car at 6:30 this morning. Not quite a foot of snow, do you think? No. Not quite.
My car is the clean one. The other neighbors had the good sense to sleep in.
Thanks Bolaris, you nitwit. The shoveling I anticipated amounted to brushing vigorously and the great difficulty I anticipated getting to work this morning amounted to being 45 minutes early.
Listening to these people is a lot like playing the lottery. We figure, "This is the time they'll be right and I'd better listen." They're more wrong than right, but we listen anyway. We buy lottery tickets because we figure, "This is the time I'll win." We lose again.
It's amazing, with the millions of dollars worth of sophisticated equipment they tell us they use that they can't be a little more accurate. Or a lot more accurate.
It snowed. That's pretty close, I guess.

2 comments:

Firestarter5 said...

Is that a red Vette beside you? I'm assuming you're between the Jeep and the red car.

I can't even tell what type of car that is. Is that a Focus or a Nissan?

Anthony said...

It's a Vette, but it's kind of rust colored. Brand new. Some kind of special edition thing with huge tires and a big engine.
To the right is my Focus. Proud to say, a PZEV (Partial Zero-Emissions Vehicle).
The girl with the Jeep has the best legs I've ever seen. I should have brushed the snow off for her as a random act of kindness. I'm a dope sometimes.