Saturday, December 13, 2008

Virtual Hell

You remember Thursday, when I came up with the Crazy, Hairbrained Scheme of buying Red Sox tickets for express purpose of re-selling them on the Internet? Of course you do. Well, the tickets went on sale at 10am and here it is 1:30pm and I find myself sitting in the Sox Virtual Waiting Room, which is a lot like a real waiting room, only the magazines are better.
The screens have been refreshing every thirty seconds since then. I can't do that kind of high-powered math in my head, but suffice it to say, it's a lot of refreshes. The one on the left is for what they call "Sox Pax" - four-game packages to selected games. The one on the right is for individual game tickets. Neither have opened since I've been staring at them.
So that it isn't a total loss, I'm doing some light housework and laundry. In their e-mail, the Sox call this a "highly anticipated ritual." It's a ritual, all right. They also say that fans will have the "chance to purchase" tickets. Carefully worded.
As of now, three games and four Sox Pax have limited availability.
As of now, my time is limited and I find myself staring out the window thinking about all of the things I can do that have nothing to do with virtual anything.
UPDATE:
It is now 6:05pm and the Virtual Waiting Room is still full. In the interim, I managed to go to the post office, the gym and stop for a dinner sandwich. 4 of the Sox Pax are sold out and the others have obstructed view seating available. No single games are yet sold out, but there are several with limited seating.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

okay explain this to me like i'm stupid.

are you waiting to buy the tickets at this point or is that what you did yesterday? and if so, now are you waiting to sell the tickets in the hub thingamajig?

this whole concept of sticking it to the man and making money goes way over my head. sorry. break it down like i'm stupid.

Unknown said...

I'm just as confused as kimmyk. Help me to understand.

getinmoney said...

your blog is very different and I really like it even though no one understands it I do.Check out my blog and look at my reviews am sure you'll like them.
http://reviewsbymovielover.blogspot.com/