Sunday, April 13, 2008

Saturday at the Ballpark.

I took in a Phillies game on Saturday night. Me and my trusty camera with that goofy lens. When I go by myself, I tend to wander. Our ballpark is built in such a way that you can see the game from virtually anyplace in the building. Sometimes the seat you get isn't as good as a standing spot you can find. That wasn't necessarily the case last night, but I still like to wander.
Generally, the most interesting things can be found in an area called Ashburn Alley. That's where all the good food concessions are and it's where people with really bad seats go to mingle and be close to where the beer is.
Upstairs is a place called the Rooftop.

There really isn't a roof. It's just a place that they put up some bleachers and tried to emulate Chicago's Wrigley Field, who, by the way, hates the rooftop seats and charges the local homeowners a fee to allow people to sit on their roof and watch the game.

One of the odd little fan groups we have is called Howard's Homers. They wear Homer Simpson masks and cheer loudly when their hero, Ryan Howard comes to bat. I knew you wouldn't believe me, so I took a photo. Last night he hit a moon shot to right field, so they had a reason to cheer.

5 comments:

Firestarter5 said...

Hopefully you aren't paying much for this seat you don't use.

kimmyk said...

i love that goofy lens.
can't say the same for homer or his groupies.

Anthony said...

FS5: I sat there until the sixth inning or so, then I grew weary of listening to the kids behind me yakking about their video games and new cell phone and whatnot.

kimmyk: The Homer group was a decent bunch. They asked me if I wanted to take their picture. I figured they wanted me to send it to them, so I got an e-mail address. But they seemed surprised that I wanted to send it. Why would I want to take their picture and keep it for myself?

Sparky Duck said...

Its a good replacement for Sals Pals, I think

Anthony said...

A most excellent replacement for Sal's Pals. As was Chris Coste.