Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Moon over Uranus

I can only imagine the chagrin that comes from the steadfast Google-searcher who, after typing in "Little League Coach pitch tournaments Hawaii 2008" stumbles on this mess. After comparing the current state of Deal or No Deal to coach-pitch baseball, who knows what kind of odd searches could uncover my little rant. I have no idea whether the searcher read through the essay long enough to realize that it would be two minutes of his life he would never get back or whether he found enough to make him a "returning visitor". I'd prefer a comment: Screw you pal. You didn't say anything about the Little League, now I have to do another search. I'll assume he's pissed. My work here is done.

Why isn't my Blogger spell check working?

In my sadder contemplative moments I realize how much I'm going to miss my cat when he eventually meets his kitty maker. I try not to think about it much, but since he's been extra-chummy lately I have little choice. It's as though he realizes his time is coming and he wants to make the most of our time. I'm probably reading too much into it, but I was born with keen analytical skills and a sense of impending doom. That's not a good combination. It's a foregone conclusion, though, since no one lives forever, much as we would like them to.
I don't leave myself to those kinds of thoughts often, but since he just turned 17, it's kind of hard to ignore. Plus, he seems to be enjoying my new mattress as much as I, and I can't help but notice that he spends more time cuddled up next to me in bed than he used to. Of course, I'd prefer a less furry two-legged female companion, but desparate times call for ... a warm cat, and we take what we can get.

Don't miss the last total lunar eclipse in the Western Hemisphere until 2010. You'll never forgive yourself. There's the sky chart for the Eastern time zone. If you're lucky enough to live elsewhere, check the NASA web site and load up your lucky time zone. Lucky for you if it's in Arizona, Southern California or Hawaii and luckier still if your skies are clear.

I can't remember the last time my skies were clear.

7 comments:

rattln along said...

Thanks for the map. I was wanting to show my 12 year-old son the eclipse.

Now what is this about coach-pitch baseball?

Did you see the S-I Swimsuit issue yet? I haven't but I read that Danika Patrick is featured.

Anthony said...

The coach-pitch was a reference to Monday's post about how they've dumbed-down the Deal show so that they could give the money away.

I'll have to check that SI. Now, let me know when Paula Creamer or Christie Kerr decides to do it!

rattln along said...

I totally missed that reference in there with the first line and then the "tee it up" part as well. Perhaps I should not skip over the first and last parts of your posts. :)

Firestarter5 said...

Danica Patrick is good looking but her SI shoot isn't that exciting. However, her video at godaddy.com is interesting....beaver indeed!

Anonymous said...

There's a cloud in my way.

annabkrr said...

Don't be worryin' 'bout what ain't happened yet New Jersey!! Like me cursing like a drunken Irish sailor everytime I've blogged in over a week, since my spell check doesn't work either. If I mis spell half of what I type, then so be it. I shall be looked upon as an idg-i-ot and I will not fret.

Did I tell you our kitty cat has been lost for nearly 2 weeks? Ugh. It's been awful!!!

Ladyred said...

I saw the eclipse. I wasn't going to photograph it and then had to quietly find all my crap because then I wanted to photograph it. Only to find my battery about dead, only 3 images left on the card, and a damn flimsy tripod. Suffice it to say, I've got a couple of blurry images. But one I left open the shutter for like several minutes so the combination of high wind and open shutter just left a damn big white streak. Ugh. One image I like. It's passable. But I know I could have done a helluva lot better.