Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday at home.

DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania - President Bush on Sunday said Congress should renew his global AIDS program and preserve a requirement that steers money into abstinence efforts.
Ain't that just like Bush? Promote something that is socially impossible while making it look like he's looking out for your best interests? Tell people that they have to resist something that is against their most primal urges, while they would appear to be working toward a global good. That sounds a lot like his war in Iraq. Politically, money thrown at something is a good thing, but throwing it at abstinence is throwing it away.
If you're like me (and I hope you're not) you wonder what happens to those Super Bowl shirts and hats that proclaim the loser as "Super Bowl Champion". You are, right? Well, for a mere $40 (plus shipping) you can have your very own New England Patriots 19-0 T-Shirt. Click here and make your bid. If it wasn't for the sake of the 40 bucks, I'd get one myself, if nothing more than the idea of traveling to Boston to rub their noses in it. So, why would anyone bid $30 for a shirt that wasn't right? I'd do it, but not for 30 bucks. Ten dollars plus shipping, that's my limit. They're supposed to go to third-world countries, where they don't know anything about football. Places where Jim Kelly is a 4-time Super Bowl champion and Donovan McNabb didn't vomit in the last 5 minutes and Andy Reid's precise clock management led to an Eagles victory. Ignorance is indeed bliss.
Believe it or not, I watched the Daytona 500 from flag to flag. I also watched Annika Sorenstam smoke the field on Saturday and win the SBS tournament in Hawaii. What a life, eh?

4 comments:

Firestarter5 said...

I watched the first 10 minutes of the new Knight Rider and decided it was a failure. Val Kilmer, while I like him, isn't a good voice for the new Kitt.

I ended up watching Mythbusters again.

Anthony said...

Can't go wrong with Mythbusters. Especially if that Kari chick is on.

Ladyred said...

Damn I so wanted Busch to win......Damn Dodges.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

You know, I spent two years in Africa and saw all kinds of t-shirts. One day though I saw a t-shirt that had my high school name and mascot on it with one of the year's that we won the state football championship!!

I kid you not. I did a double take when I saw that person walk by me in a local, open-air market. One thing that I learned about Africa is that you never know what you're going to see over there.

I've got some crazy stories.