Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It could be worse. I could have Neurofibromatosis.

I hate when this happens.
I woke up at 3:15am and I couldn't get back to sleep. Once my brain starts working, it's a tough shut-down procedure. Like powering down a nuclear reactor. I had Elvis Presley's "Burning Love" running through my head. After that ran out, it was Tommy Edwards' "It's All in the Game." Where did that come from?
Now, it's 4:21 and I'm sitting here sipping leftover Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Bean Coolatta, so I guess I'm here for the duration. Who suffers? You, because I turn to this nonsense.
I watched the Roger Clemens news conference on Monday afternoon. It's something like two days now, and I'm already sick of it. There he was, in front of the ESPN cameras, denying all the accusations and getting angrier by the second. At one point, his lawyer passed him a note advising him to "lighten up".
The day I have to have a lawyer speak to people for me is the day I check out of this nut house altogether. Did Clemens kill a kid? Did he commit a major crime? No, he put drugs into his body for our entertainment. He's in full panic mode over this nonsense, to the point that he has spent a great deal of money (I know, he makes a great deal of money too) on a lawyer to set up a press conference on television. It's good blog material and kind of odd, but all this? What a world.
The idea that you could assemble a group of media types and run it on a major cable network, while your life plays out in public is a pathetic situation. Part of it has to do with the idea of a scandal and part of it has to do with the idea that TV has time to fill. That's a fatal combination.
I had Monday off from work and did some bike riding. I was able to run some errands and let the car sit all day, so that's a plus. Temperatures around here are hovering around 60 degrees, and today might be closer to 70, but who gives a rat's ass - I'll be at work.
4:35 - The cat is up now, sitting here next to me. He can get up at 4:35 because he can sleep all day.
One of my friends at work loaned me season 1 of Heroes, and I started watching it last night. Since the writers' strike, there is absolutely nothing worth watching on prime time TV, so I figured it would be a good chance to catch up with this show. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out on some high quality entertainment. It's way too complicated to go into here. Check it out and let me know.
Meanwhile, it's 4:49 and I have to go to work in a couple of hours.

4 comments:

annabkrr said...

I slept poorly too. Maybe we can both take in a nap. Cats are such lucky bastards!!

That Clemens is getting way too much attention. (Like most other people plastered on my tv) Who cares if they shoot steroids? Simply means their cheating bastards but it's certainly not worth any "hearings" on the matter!! We stopped looking for Bin Laden, have a crooked administration, and a concentration camp down at Gitmo and we are wasting money and time on baseball players?? OMFG!!!

kimmyk said...

omg i was up all nite too!

i wish i were a cat or my dogs..they sleep all day and sleep peacefully all night while i toss and turn.

we need like a late night group meet up place where we can sit and chat.

all 3 of us.

Anthony said...

Time and place. that's all I need.

Don't tell anyone, but this afternoon, I found a dark corner in the office, set my cell phone alarm and took a 15-minute nap.

Fresh as a daisy.

kimmyk said...

"fresh as a daisy" sounds like a summer's eve ad.

i was out cold last night-hope you slept as well as me.