Sunday, December 2, 2007

What a difference 57 years makes.

This is an actual page from the Overbrook High School yearbook in 1950. Thanks to my friend Bill for scanning it and sending it to me. He graduated from Overbrook a few (dozen) years before me. This is from a high school in New Jersey, not one in the deep south or ... Texas. Click on the image and it will come up in full screen mode.
I think it points out a few differences between kids in 1950 and kids today. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Or more than a thousand.

3 comments:

Scoobers said...

I'm sure the teachers smoked in class too.

I don't even want to think about the chaos that would ensue if kids were allowed to bring firearms to school today.

annabkrr said...

OMG!! Jesus can you imagine? Oh, the simple life. Guns at school. Smoking in public. Good times.....

Ladyred said...

Don't kids still bring guns to school?

My grandparents used to live in Camden, NJ. I remember running around the street as a youngun. I know damn well I wouldn't let my kids run around there now. Glad my grandparents moved!