Saturday, November 10, 2007

The "Make Up Your Own Caption" contest

Paula Creamer is going into Sunday's final round with a six-stroke lead, which is nice, since I live in the Philadelphia market and there isn't any football to watch on Sunday. The Eagles are playing, but there isn't any football to watch.
Almost as good as that is the fact that I've found a box of my old Matchbox cars that will soon find a home on Ebola. It would be better if I had the boxes, but the cars are still in great shape. I'd get more for them if I had the boxes, but I can't do anything about that. Who saves the boxes?

Yesterday, Suzann Pettersen was penalized two strokes because the TV cameras caught her accidentally moving her ball to avoid an obstruction. From her angle, she couldn't see the ball move, but the camera caught it. After the round, LPGA officials watched the video replay and assessed the penalty. Just like those Funniest Home Videos where somebody's pants fall down at a wedding reception - twenty years ago, maybe ten people would have seen it, now it's on the World Wide Web and a national TV show. Nothing funny about that.

Cameras are everywhere, and just like the prison colony at French Guiana, there is no escape.

Remember gang, I don't take the pictures, I just post them.

4 comments:

Firestarter5 said...

Anna Kournikova was informed late today that she is no longer the most admired female sports athelete by men. Paula Creamer, come on down!

msliberty said...

I'm definately not a sports junkie, but even I know that you're not supposed to move a golf ball. Thank you Happy Gilmore.

:)

annabkrr said...

I don't even know who that is.

Cute visor.

Sparky Duck said...

hell with the caption, I just want that image in my dreams sometime.