Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Philosophy

Writing is like farting. Your own always smells pretty good, no matter how much it might stink to other people. So, in that spirit, thanks for letting me stink up the place while ...
(a) This headache and mild feeling of uneasiness goes away...
or
(b) It graduates into the full case of the flu that I suspect is coming, flu shot notwithstanding.

Meanwhile...
The Ice Balls are Coming. And you thought I was goofy last week, didn't ya?

TAMPA, Fla. - Raymond Rodriguez was changing a tire when an 18-inch chunk of ice plummeted from the sky with a piercing whistle, then a metallic crunch. The ice chunk crushed the roof of a nearby Ford Mustang on Sunday morning. No one was hurt. "It's not an act of God," said Carlos Javage, whose son's car was wrecked by the mystery ice. "This came off an airplane."

Aw, c'mon Carlos ... airplanes are made by God, right? If you're really religious, like the Bible says we are, then isn't everything an act of God? Everything except the Republican National Convention, which I'm pretty sure is presided over by the Prince of Darkness or Dick Cheney. The good news is, that the FAA said that since the chunk wasn't blue, it meant that it didn't come from an airplane's lavatory. Now, there's an act of God.

And...
I'm not so sure that the euthanization of Barbaro is a complete heart-breaker for me. After all, they did everything they could. Horses are pretty much like potatoes on toothpicks to begin with, and running them around a track for our entertainment is a bit risky at best. Mostly, it was sad for the owners, who stood to make a lot of money off of Barbaro's sperm, so I can understand their sadness. Their big payday was spoiled by ... an act of God.
Anyway, I've covered it, so there isn't much sense to re-smelling old farts.

Besides, there are more important things in the world of the humans. Stop by My Thinking Spot and let kara know that the Bloggers are thinking about her. She's taking a little break, but that doesn't mean that we have to stop thinking about her. In the grand scheme (which is the only scheme that matters) headaches, ice chunks and dead horses really aren't that important.

5 comments:

bananas62 said...

The second "Ice" story in a week, I think I could be scared...
You are a wealth of information! :-)

supergirlest said...

thank you for making me laugh, smile and tear up all in a matter of seconds. :) i needed that laugh. thank you, friend. you will never know what this kindness means to me!

Pam said...

Writing is like farting.

And now there is coffee all over my computer screen. I had just calmed down when you threw this zinger out: Horses are pretty much like potatoes on toothpicks

When will I learn not to drink anything when reading your blog ;-)?

SpanishGoth said...

I like the way that the labels read like a satanic message ;-)

Also liked the potato analogy

Anonymous said...

http://www.barbaroglue.com/

:(