Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday Stuff

Pay Station
Yesterday, my Canadian Blogger buddy Firestarter5 posted the sale of one of those PlayStation 3 video consoles for the incredible price of $15,100 (plus $29.14 for shipping); and wondered if it was legit. I think so, based on the fact that I think people are basically dopey, and given enough room, will find ways to spend money on whatever they deem necessary.

Interestingly, the same seller had previously sold UPS items, probably procured from the UPS garage; including (but not limited to) UPS sunglasses, a UPS trucker hat, a UPS plush toy truck, a UPS computer mouse, a men's silver penis costume (presumably not UPS issue) and topped off by David Ramsey's book called, interestingly, Financial Peace. I'm not sure which chapter of Ramsey's book covers the "peace" that comes from selling $800 video games for 19 times their original price, however. Maybe that's in Financial Peace 2?
It sounds like the guy works for UPS, and sells all of his employee incentive awards - although I've never seen any of them in the silver penis costume - but, I don't get out to the loading dock much. In those little brown shorts, I'm sure I would notice.

Geez - I can imagine the "giant silver penis" searches that will come up now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW YORK - One of the nation's largest superstore chains, Borders Group Inc., expects O.J. Simpson's widely condemned new book to have "strong sales," but will donate profits to charity. The nation's other large bookstore chain, Barnes & Noble, Inc., will also sell Simpson's "If I Did It," but has no plans to donate proceeds. "Barnes & Noble will carry O.J. Simpson's new book, 'If I Did It,' just as we do every book in print," spokeswoman Mary Ellen Keating said Friday in a statement to The Associated Press.

Donate profits ... that means that at the very least, the store will break-even. Here's a novel idea (pun intended) - don't sell the book and donate some money anyway. Chances are, the goodwill that would result from such a heartfelt act would do more for the store than the sales from this God-awful idea for a book.

If they're going to carry every book in print, does that mean that they would sell a book that was published that detailed how a person would kill people that were still alive? Get to work on that.

Money-grubbing asshats. As of Friday night, the pre-order makes it #21 on Amazon's best-seller list. I suppose I'm baying at the moon.

My question, now as it was then: If he didn't kill them, who did?

OJ's next book, "How I Could Have Killed Bo Schembechler"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazilian student Cassia Aparecida de Souza, 18, holds her cat Mimi together with what Cassia claims are Mimi's own offspring born with dog traits last Friday, three months after mating with a neighbour's dog, in the southern Brazilian city of Passo Fundo, Rio Grande do Sul state, November 15, 2006. REUTERS/Edison Vara.

Bill Murray warned us about this in Ghostbusters: "Human sacrifice; dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria." It's real Old-testament, wrath-of-God like stuff, ain't it?

Speaking of which...
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, Neo-con asshats, do you still think that whole Global Warming thing is bad science?


A maritime warning has been issued after approximately 100 icebergs were discovered near Auckland Islands, 260 kilometers (160 miles) south of the South Island of New Zealand Friday, Nov. 3, 2006. The largest iceberg about 2 kilometers by 1.5 kilometers (1.2 by 0.9 miles) and more than 130 meters (425 feet) high were found floating in a major ocean shipping lane. (AP Photo/New Zealand Defense Force,HO)

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - An iceberg has been spotted from the New Zealand shore for the first time in 75 years, one of about 100 that have been drifting south of the country.

Read the whole article here.

3 comments:

Pam said...

That giant silver penis costume - oh my!

OJ Simpson is the textbook definition of a sociopath. So, apparantly, is Barnes & Noble.

Puppy cats? I ain't buying it.

Global Warming - if the world doesn't start buying it soon, they'll soon not be a world. People must have their heads pretty far up their asses to still think GW is a myth.

kimmyk said...

I can't believe how insane people are with new toys. I just can't see forking over that sort of mad cash when the quirks clearly aren't worked out. Even if they were--I still wouldn't.

OJ? He makes my stomach turn. My heart goes out to his children, the Brown and Goldman families.

The link didn't work for 'here'. Just thought I'd letcha know. It came up dead.

supergirlest said...

(crawling out from under my rock)

OJ WROTE A BOOK CALLED 'IF I DID IT?!?!?!?!?!' i have officially seen it all. i don't even know what to say about that pre-order business. i seriusly can't believe anyone is buying. oops. looks like i do know what to say afterall.

i got schooled about this global warming warming "nonsense" over in my arch nemesis' blog recently. i'm an "idiot" for buying into the GW hype and this is god's planet and he will do with it as he sees fit. humans have zero responsibility. just thought i'd pass my new found wisdom on to you. you can thank me later :)