Sunday, April 5, 2009

A brief update so you'll know I'm not dead.

I'll be in attendance at the Phillies' home opener tonight. Yes, tonight. They do stuff like that for television. Since the Phils are the league champions and all, they pay tribute to them by scheduling their first game at home, at night for national television. Actually, it's ESPN2 (the deuce) so it's not truly national television, just ask those people who still haven't made the digital conversion.
Rather than schedule it in the afternoon when the sun is shining and the temperature is in the mid 60s, they figure, "Why not inconvenience people and make them uncomfortable at the same time?" A night game in Philadelphia in April isn't a fan's idea of a fun evening out. Then, since the game and its ensuing traffic won't be cleared until around midnight, I've scheduled a day off for Monday - which, naturally is going to be rainy and windy.
I'm sure, if television ran professional golf, they'd put lights up at Augusta and play The Masters at 9:00pm. I think NASCAR does OK running their races on Sunday afternoon and as far as I know, the television works all the time, so the game could be at 3 o'clock.
I still haven't decided whether I'll do the geeky thing and take my bag of camera stuff or just wander around, although experience tells me I'll probably do the geeky thing, so look for some photos tomorrow.

1 comment:

hiccup said...

Enjoy and enjoy your day off as well...