Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I thought UPS was playing Santa

I got home for work tonight and discovered not one, not two, not three ... but four packages from QVC on my front porch. I wondered what drunken stupor I must have been in to order stuff from QVC. What I should have been wondering was what drunken stupor the UPS guy (or gal) was in who mistakenly delivered not one, not two, not three ... but four packages to the wrong address. I suppose it's excusable, since they were only off by 6 numbers. Geez. Those kinds of things make me wonder how much of my stuff gets delivered to other addresses and the people who get it aren't as considerate as I and don't bother to drop it off at the correct address. I want to know what those UPS guys (or gals) earn in an hour so I can get my cut. Lay off the egg nog.
Meanwhile, the Bad Parking blog posted my photo! For those of you who live in the area, you'll recognize some bad parking at a local convenience store.
Wednesday at work we're doing Yankee Swap. Fans of "The Office" will know what I'm talking about, and fans of silly Christmas traditions will know, too. It's one of those deals where you pick numbers and gifts from a pile, and you can swap (hence the name) your gift for one you like better. We had a $20 limit, and I was all set to buy "The Dark Knight" DVD, but found that it was sold out. So, plan B became "Burn After Reading," which I haven't seen, but it's new so I figured no one would own it. Besides, if nobody wants it, I'll take it myself.
The really funny thing is that the people in my office who organized the Yankee Swap didn't know it was an Office episode, so I'll be giggling to myself the entire time (which I hope isn't too long) and as usual, no one will know why.

9 comments:

susan said...

Wawa! Wawa!

I LOVE my local WAWA!

In fact I bought dinner there tonight.

Thanks for the laugh, and of course it would be a big SUV that cannot park!

Kate Michele said...

Omg!! Ur famous babe!!

Office christmas parties... Uggg been awhile but I can still remember the pain.

Xoxox

kimmyk said...

I just rented Burn After Reading to watch tomorrow. The girl at Blockbuster said it was hilarious so let's hope no one wants your gift and you can take it home!

I've never seen an episode of the office so i'd most likely be one of those people you'd be laughing at.

wonder what was in those qvc boxes. hmm. maybe some paula abdul jewelry as that seems to be the hot qvc item these days.

congrats on getting your photo noticed...but if you ask me...i've seen a shit ton better ones that deserve much more recognition of yours in other places than a blog. but we all gotta start small, so kudos to you and your mad camera skillz.

merry christmas anthony! it's been another great year knowin' ya!

Anthony said...

I thought about taking those QVC boxes in, but my conscience got the best of me. That sucks.
They were big, but pretty light, so I figured it was probably glassware or something packed with styrofoam. I'll never know now.

My fucking good upbringing.

kimmyk said...

clarification so your readers dont hunt me down and burn crosses on my lawn....

I didn't mean there were better photos OUT THERE I meant YOU HAVE better photos that certainly deserve recognition somewhere and not a photo you took of some joker who can't park his car. does that make sense? LOL. sometimes when i write these things my fingers aren't as clear as my thoughts. like your fisheye photos totally belong in a magazine somewhere.....


and as far as your upbringing???

damn your mother! you totally coulda been eating off a fine china.

Anthony said...

I know. She has a lot to answer for, raising me to return things that don't belong to me.
That junk could be on Ebay right now fetching bids that would buy me cases of Southern Comfort.

susan said...

On the other hand, it could be toys, and you wouldn't be able to live with yourself you have someone's toy truck or Barbie.

kimmyk said...

oh way to make me feel bad there susan. i was totally all...you could be eating on china dude and you lay the truck/barbie combo on me.

shame on me and my wicked stingy ways.

but i bet they could have gotten their gift resent to them ya know if they called the company and told 'em they never got their package.

packages come up missing all the time y'know??

oh yeah. kids. toys. right. sorry. my bad.

susan said...

Kimmyk-

I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just was thinking I don't think they sell dishes on QVC. But I know they sell toys and craptastic jewelry.

I was just thinking of Barbies because I use to get one every year from Santa, and trucks- I bought my nephew a Hess Toy Truck.....I love those.

And I will confess. When it's 3 am in the morning like it is now, I can turn on QVC and I am asleep in ten minutes. It works every time. But a few weeks ago, I did buy a pair of earrings from them. It was such a piece of garbage they went back the next day. Shame on me.

On the other hand, my mother bought my cat a Pedipaws from them for Christmas- and that thing does actually work!