Sunday, June 3, 2007

Walk much?

That physical specimen on the right is Miss Brazil, Natalia Guimaraes during the swimwear section of the Miss Universe final in Mexico City's Auditorio Nacional May 28, 2007. Guimaraes was the first runner up. First runner-up? I'm assuming that the winner was the judge's daughter or something. Some girl from Japan won, while Miss USA wowed the judges by falling during the evening gown competition.
I'm not all that interested in beauty pageants - at least not as much as I am interested in the contestants - but it would be nice to see the local girl make a good showing. Since I am not from Brazil, the local girl would be our Miss USA, who appears to have some difficulty walking and looking pretty at the same time.

Rachel Smith (left), Miss USA 2007 gets up after falling during the evening gown competition of the Miss Universe 2007 beauty pageant in Mexico City.

Meanwhile, it looks like Tony Romo would like to get him some: IRVING, Texas - Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo could definitely relate, considering he had a well-publicized slip-up of his own when he couldn't handle the ball for a potentially game-winning field goal in January.
"I can definitely understand when someone on a national stage doesn't do exactly what they wanted," he said Friday. "She performed well, she got up and did a good job."

Yes she did. Does anybody besides me figure that Tony didn't see the pageant, either?

3 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

Scary as it is, I thought Miss Brazil was too beauty queen looking. And we dont need to be encouraging any more carmen electra wannabes.

rattln along said...

Anthony,
I think that Tony did see the pageant since he was a judge there.

I give anyone who gets up on stage (no matter what the venue) and makes a mistake and then continues on a stroke but not much because most people on stage are professionals. But, hey, even pros have bad days.

I am not a pro nor do I play one on TV.

Kate Michele said...

Well you know it is hard to balance when you only weigh 100 pounds. ::snort::

;)