Thursday, April 29, 2010

You've Got Mail.

Or rather, I've got ... um ... I have mail. This e-mail missive came allegedly from our Internal Revenue Service today:
Dear Taxpayer,
After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $493.50.
Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-9 days in order to process it. A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline. To access your tax refund, use the form attached to this email.
Regards,
Internal Revenue Service
Dear Taxpayer? What's my name?
There was a "form" attached that I was supposed to access. I was supposed to download something, to which my response is: Download this.
I knew it was phony for a number of reasons, not the least of which was the "regards" at the end and the bad punctuation. The IRS isn't concerned with my regard and they have no interest in regarding me as anything other than a source of revenue, which is what the big "R" stands for. And how, exactly are they calculating my "fiscal activity," I wondered quietly to myself? And what does "last annual calculations" mean?
If you're interested, you can reply to the e-mail provided: admin8123@www.irs.gov and give them my regards. Or, come to think of it - maybe the Federal government is dopey enough to think that I'd click on an e-mail supplied link and hand out my personal information? Yes, that's it.

1 comment:

Kcoz said...

Your income tax goes to pay the deficit, nothing else. The deficit was created by the Federal Reserve which is a privately owned bank chartered to create our money. They print it and lend it to the government at a cost…this creates the dept. It costs the Federal Reserve about $0.25 cents to create a hundred dollar bill but it is lent to our government at face value with interest, compounded.
Nice gig the bankers have there…money for nothing.
Actually it is a taxation forced upon us by our government to pay a privet corporation…pretty close to what the Boston Tea Party was all about, the tea was owned by the East India Trading Corporation. This is how the privet bankers have found a way to extort a portion of the wages from every single working American, the bailout is nothing compared to what these crooked bastards have been doing for years…

Instead of earth day, no shopping day, and the rest, we need a “Rob a bank day” where all us citizens get together and rob the local bank…that would get their attention.

Later...