Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

The Sun seems to be doing a better job at snow clearing than our local plow people. Granted, they were probably out for about 36 hours straight, but you'd have to think that the hardest part of the job is staying awake. Start the truck, put the plow down and drive pretty much sums it up. Even if they fell asleep behind the wheel, what's the worst that could happen? They accidently plow somebody's driveway. That's a win-win.
Meanwhile, what's up with cell phone plans? I have a crappy Pantech Slate phone that is only good for one thing: It doesn't take up a lot of space. Otherwise, it's kind of crappy. So, I wandered into the local Radio Shack to see if I could upgrade to something ... well, better. But since my contract isn't up until August, I'm stuck with this piece of crap until the summer. Why would they discriminate against a 10-plus year customer merely because he made a bad choice? They put those stickers over the display at the store, so you don't know what you're getting until you take it home, and by then it's too late to change, because God forbid you change phones before your contract expires.
And still no word from the two people whose cars I shoveled out last night. I can only imagine my own surprise to look outside and see that a neatly cut path had been shoveled and that my car, once buried in over 2 feet of snow was now nearly clear of it and wonder, "How could that have happened?"
Strangely, we live so close together (literally in the same building) but most of us don't know the seven neighbors we share the building with. I'd hate to have to track them down and say that "I'm the guy who shoveled out your car on Saturday." That seems a bit crass, and if one is to have extended an anonymous gift, perhaps it should remain anonymous.
But a plate of brownies would be nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cobra aggregate indexer king anti banglore denied abandon contributory wealthier essentials
lolikneri havaqatsu