Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's all over but the shoveling.

It wasn't as bad as it looked. The local news said we got 28.5 inches, but it didn't seem like it. I didn't measure, and frankly I don't care to. They're calling it "Snowmageddon" on the Internet. That's nice.
The Spanish-American Army came through and plowed most of the parking lot late last night. Since I slept part of the early evening away, I had plenty of energy around midnight, so I went out and dug my car and two others out of their crusty snow capsule.
I had only intended to do mine, but the Spanish Army left some shovels in that shed to the right of my car, so I had something better to dig with. I suppose they got to Lowe's before I did.
I wound up doing three because I thought I was digging out the car of the cute girl that lives downstairs, but it turned out to be a different car. Since it was after midnight I assumed they were both asleep, and should be pleasantly surprised to find their cars shoveled around. I didn't go nuts with the windows because I wasn't sure if they had alarms and I didn't want to wake everybody up.
I hope it's good Karma for me.

1 comment:

susan said...

Karma or Carma.

In NYC it would be called a Mitzvot.