Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life's little distractions

When life deals lemons, one makes lemonade - or so I've heard. One way to make lemonade is to find the lemons and start squeezing.
When my friend and I go to Dave Matthews Band shows, she likes to stalk the hotel where they stay. It's pretty easy to stand around and grab an autograph or five, and she has become somewhat of an expert. My job is to stand around and take her photo with the band members. This year, I pledged to become the subject myself, and I was fortunate enough to be around when two of the guys stopped to greet the fans on their way into the hotel.
Dave showed up for a bit, but rushed through the autograph line before most of us could snap a photo. Two members of the band hung around long enough for me to pass my camera to my friend to get her to take a couple of snapshots.
Me and DMB drummer Carter Beauford.
Me and DMB bassist Stefan Lessard.
The big fountain at Logan Circle, lit up just before midnight. At this point, I'm on a photographer's high, snapping photos wherever they may appear.

1 comment:

HUGEoldDMBfan said...

I hereby pledge...to TOTALLY let you become the subject...next year...Kinda tough not jumpin' at them...but you've done your "time" as the PHOTOG... so, YOU shall have all their pix too... Well, I DO still want Tim and Jeff... LOL LOL... Rock on dear friend...Rock On