Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kiss me.

Somebody needs to explain to me why it takes 3 days to transfer funds from Paypal to my bank account, while any transaction I make is instantly noted on my account. Why should a purchase occur almost instantly while a fund transfer takes 3 days? Methinks I smell a rat.

The guess here is that Paypal wants to hold onto my money for a few days, while the vendor (the transaction) wants their money immediately. In the midst of our financial crisis and "this economy" I think that we need to explore this a bit more and (French) get it straightened the fuck out.

Meanwhile, Paypal charges me a "transaction fee." What is that for? If they're going to take 3 days to transfer the funds, I'd like to get something for the money they're sucking out of me.

When you sell something on Ebay (the parent company of Paypal) they take a fee to post the listing. They take another fee to post a photo of the item, as though someone would buy something without seeing it. Then, they take an "added value fee" when the item sells. It's some percentage of the final selling price over the listed price. Then, Paypal takes a fee for taking the payment and sending it to your Paypal account. By the time you're done with Ebay and their bastard children, they've sucked about 20 percent out of the price of the item you're selling. That to me sounds a lot like gouging.

To transfer the money out of the Paypal account and into something useful like your checking account takes another 3 days.

If they can transfer funds from a buyer's account to Paypal instantly (which they can) what stops them from transferring the same funds from Paypal to my bank account?

Nothing, which is precisely the point.

When I'm being fucked, I like to be kissed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm... pucker... mmmmmm *wink wink*... LOL... yeah, i always wondered about the lag time... do they put it in an account that has interest and they KEEP IT... or are they well just -- mmm...can't think of the word now...

well... another day, another yen... WAIT...the yen is stronger than the dollar now, isn't it... LOL

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

If they're going to take 3 days to transfer the funds, I'd like to get something for the money they're sucking out of me.

Exactly. If they are going to make us pay a fee for transfer it should happen instantly.

Firestarter5 said...

I've had an Ebay account since 2005. I've yet to even use it. I think I've used PayPal twice. All the stuff I do online is mainly credit card numbers. It's not that I don't trust PayPal, I just don't know them well enough.

Anthony said...

They're trustworthy. My problem is the fees that they eat out of whatever I sell, and that they charge me for taking my own money.

Ebay's "Added Value Fee" is the one that really gets me. I think at some point they realized that they had us by the balls.

Anonymous said...

I've got some stuff to sell and I'm selling it on craigslist. I don't want to deal with packaging stuff up and shipping it. It's simple stuff that's not worth the time to ship to somebody. Screw the whole ebay family.