Thursday, November 27, 2008

You are what you eat.

The newspaper came this morning. Actually, two of them - one regular, one jumbo. The jumbo one was advertising because, well ... tis the season.
"Stores open 4am Friday" [asterisk] except where prohibited by law. What a sensible law. I have no idea where that is, but I suppose it's a local thing rather than a statewide law. Probably a nice peaceful community.
With stores open before sunrise, the big decision for crazy shoppers will be whether to get up early or just stay up. And I'm sure there will be the inevitable drunks out after closing who waddle into line for something they won't remember they bought or who they bought it for.
I'll be curious to hear the whining once the shopping season starts (officially - as if there is a governing body) and the retailers moan about their poor sales because of (here it comes) the economy. I'm not sure we know what the economy is, but we know it's bad. Gasoline prices are down, so you can put some gasoline under your tree. Probably not a good idea.
I'm feasting on spaghetti at mom's later today. When I told some co-workers I was having spaghetti for dinner they looked at me like I had a third eye. You're supposed to eat turkey today, but most of us only eat it because we're supposed to. I think, if you gave people an honest choice we'd have Chinese food, pasta or a nice steak. Anyone who knows me knows that I don't put up with useless traditions. Eat what you want.
Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving dear readers. Thanks for putting up with this nonsense on an almost daily basis. I'm thankful for you because I really don't know what I'd do with this computer if I didn't have a place to write, and I wouldn't bother writing if nobody was reading it. That's where you come in.

6 comments:

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

We're eating pizza today.

kimmyk said...

we went to my momma's.
jamie said let's stay home and order pizza...and as much fun as it sounded hurting my moms feeling would just gut me.

once we ate lasagna at jamie's families house and his SIL damn near stroked out.

I hope you enjoyed your dinner with your momma.

and..no, thank you Anthony.

Firestarter5 said...

I'm still paying $3.80/gal for diesel up here. That's almost a deal.

Anthony said...

a buck sixty for gasoline around here. Amazing what a little economic downturn will do.

kimmyk said...

not that i'm braggin or anything but our gas prices yesterday were 1.49.

Ladyred said...

Well since our family goes with tradition, we had turkey. Which is good since we don't usually eat turkey on a regular basis.

And at 4am I was sleeping. I am so not dreading out at that hour for anything.

Maybe I"m just getting old. Fine by me