Friday, June 13, 2008

Random junk to fill your dreary Saturday.

I'm off to Connecticut to see The Dave Matthews Band (again), so I'll try to entertain you for a while until I return sometime Sunday afternoon. I don't know what the gas prices are in Hartford, but I'm sure to find out. I filled up the tank on Friday, but the 250 mile trip will make it necessary to fill it up before I get home, which adds another 50 bucks to the trip.
I have this weird thing about cleaning up the car when I go on a little trip. Friday night, I stopped and hosed it down and cleaned the windows and - most of all - checked the air in the tires. Since I had my oil changed at one of those big chain lube joints, I figured that the air pressure would be good. As it turns out, the big chain lube joints use those worthless pencil air pressure gauges that are as worthless as tits on a bull. The tires were grossly over-inflated, so I'll have to wait until Saturday morning to adjust them because (as everyone knows) you don't bleed air from hot tires. You knew that, right?
Politeness Man lost his title for a bit on the drive home on Friday. He was trailing a driver going 40mph in the left lane, when he should have been going much faster. When he went right to pass, he saw that the driver was on his cell phone, which encouraged Politeness Man to yell out his second-favorite phrase, "Get off the phone!" Cell phone driver started blowing his horn and extended the middle finger to Politeness Man, who returned the favor. It's a strange world.
I'm watching a bit of the (Men's) U.S. Open and missing the girls. The galleries at the men's tournaments are much more boisterous than the ones at the women's tournaments. I think it has something to do with testosterone. Sadly, I only get to see the LPGA once a year when they come to Bulle Rock, and my time has passed. Fortunately, they play the U.S. (Women's) Open 75 miles from home next year, so I'll get to see them twice, once in June and again in July. My life will rock for six weeks - provided I'm still alive.

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

My cousin is playing on that US OPEN golf thingamajig. I dont know anything about golf-but you already knew that didn'tcha?

I didn't know anything about air and hot tires. i learned something new today. not that i will ever do anything with my tires but it's good to know.

i should learn how to change my oil.
hope you have/had a good time at the concert.