Friday, May 2, 2008

The McCain/Tuber ticket

See if you can tell the difference between John McCain and George W. Bush. Click on this link for a quiz, then stick around for the "McCain or a Carrot" portion, where you'll find out whether John McCain is a better candidate than a carrot. You might be surprised. Or not.
Meanwhile, the president said that he has confidence that the economy is going to rebound. "I know it's tough times, and I know you're having to pay more at the fuel pump than you want," Bush said. "But this economy is going to come on."
I don't think he was allowed to finish the sentence. "This economy is going to come on your face." There, that's it. Bukkakenomics. I made up a word.

That dopey stimulus payment that is supposed to give the economy its little boost is coming imminent too. For us single people, it's a whopping $600. By the time I get the check, I'll have to spend it on my car insurance, water and sewer bill and a half tank of gasoline. The three dollars I have left over I'll roll up, smear with Vasoline and rub myself with it. That will be stimulating.
I'm keeping my good eye on my bank account for any sign of the "windfall". Meanwhile, retailers and other vultures are lurking with big deals to try to get us to part with it. They'd better hurry, because it will be gone before they can get their hands on it. I'm still trying to figure out how we are going to stimulate the economy by buying Chinese clothes and Japanese televisions.
I miss the big picture sometimes.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

How do you pronounce that word you made up? Is it a noun or a verb?

I'm waiting for my stimulus check only to pay off my credit card...but know next year I'll be bitchin' about paying taxes on it you can believe that.

Do you think you can video tape yourself rubbing vaseline with that rolled up dollar bill all over yourself and post it to youtube? That my friend WOULD be stimulating to say the least.

Anthony said...

büˈkɑ̘ke-nomics

Bukkake is the noun form of the Japanese verb bukkakeru (打っかける, meaning "to splash forcefully."

I think I read that we aren't going to be paying taxes on the stiumulus payment, so don't sweat it.

kimmyk said...

anthony,
why no mention of the vaseline rub down? oh i know. you're thinking it over. okay sure. take your time. i'll be here.