Friday, May 23, 2008

Holiday Photo Weekend - Part 1

We start with my favorite subject, the cat. I'm always curious as to what he is looking at, since he stares intently at something. When I turn my head, I see nothing. It's usually a bug or some noise that he hears. He's way too nervous.
You can click on the photo to see it in all its glory. I used my new Nikon 55-200 vibration reduction zoom lens which, I have to say, is worth every penny of its incredibly low-low price. The only problem is that I've spent a third of my stimulus rebate, which sadly has not yet arrived.
Tomorrow, it's off to a Wilmington Blue Rocks game. They're a (semi) local minor league team. It's been a while since I've been there, and tomorrow seemed like a good day to go. The ticket is 9 bucks and the parking is free, so it's hard to beat, entertainment-wise.
Sunday I may venture back into the city. There's a movie I want to see, and judging from the reviews, I'd better hurry. I'll drag the camera and snap a few photos along the way. Sadly, the movie will cost me more than the baseball ticket.
Monday, I'll head in the opposite direction as the rest of the people around here. They're all at the shore for the annual rite of spring, or as we say, "We're going downashore." I'll be at the Phillies game on Monday night, and the bike group is doing a little 50-mile jaunt in the morning, so my day may be full.
But, it's three days away from work and whatever happens, a bad day at home is better than a good day at work.
Happy Holidays, bitches.

5 comments:

kimmyk said...

love kitty in the first shot.
kitty looks so soft...pretty pretty kitty!

that really was a great deal you got on your lens. i'm still waiting on sigma to release their 70-200 f/2.8 at a reasonable price or the tokina would work just swell too.

baseball baseball baseball. you're such a guy.

but i will agree with ya-3 days away from work is way better than any good day at work. you're a very smart man, i dont care what they say aboutcha.

lol @ you sayin' "bitches". smartass.

kimmyk said...

p.s.
i've seen that far away look in some of the guys i hang out with and that look usually means they want laid.

maybe kitty wants laid?

Anthony said...

I don't know. He's a "neutered male" so I'm thinking his days of wanting to get laid are at a standstill.

Maybe that's why we get along so well?

kimmyk said...

No. I think the difference between the two of you is that he has that far away look in his eye and I can't see your eyes behind the sunglasses.

I like the new picture by the way. I don't think I've ever seen you without a ball cap on now that I think about it.

Someone challenged me today with a photo challenge thingamajig. When I get it, I'll pass it along to you. Things are slowing down and I've been able to get out there with my camera.

Firestarter5 said...

a little 50 mile jaunt

I prefer to call that an epic expedition.