Friday, May 23, 2008

Ask your doctor if Klonopin is right for you.

Oh, you betcha.
Benzodiazepines are more commonly abused than opiate pharmaceuticals which accounted for 32% of visits to the emergency department. No other pharmaceutical is more commonly abused than benzodiazepines. Nice.
Klonopin is an anxiolytic, an anti-anxiety drug and I'm guessing, given the current state of affairs, it should see a big spike in production.
We're an anxious bunch these days, given to bouts of panic and anxiety over the price of things and our ability to pay for them.
Generally, it doesn't take much to make me happy, which is good because I don't have much. A few bucks in my pocket and some place to go to spend them without the anxiety of worrying about whether or not I should spend them for fear of not being able to make that big cable TV bill usually suffices.
Now, more than ever, people are on this paycheck-to-paycheck merry-go-round and it looks like there's no end in sight. We would really like to be able to get through the day without costly medication, but we'll do what we have to do.
After all, modern pharmaceuticals exist for every man-made "disease" and ailment that comes along, including some that affect almost everyone - like getting up at night to pee - so why not a nice pill to take away the anxiety of our stressful bill-laden life? I say, the time has come.
Bravery in the face of obstacles is overrated. Take a pill, numb your mind to your troubles and get it over with.

5 comments:

Kate Michele said...

i say we pop a few slug a few beers back and forget everything and everybody....

you with me?

Anthony said...

Oh, you betcha!

:-)

kimmyk said...

i always think it's funny that people are so free with telling everyone they're on some sort of anti psychotic medication. along with zovirax for their herpes.

not that there's anything wrong if you need either (especially take the meds if you have the later) just it's not as taboo as it once was.

Ladyred said...

Well I'm not a big fan of medicine. Well not medicine, it has its uses, but rather our mentality about it. If I have a headache I don't run to take those major/ultra/heavy duty migraine pills. I either try the natural route or the Eastern route first. It's only if something is really bothering me, like a headache for a few days in a row, or that time of the month (hell I hate to say it since you have such a manly blog, but well it's not a fun trip every month, and the older I get the worse it is). That's about it. Oh sure I've been depressed lately, and highly anxious, and worry a lot, but I am not downing some pills to cover it up. Granted for cancer or something such as that, I may consider medication the Western way. Maybe. But as you said most of the "diseases" around are man-made. I'm all for progress don't get me wrong, but when medication ceases to help the problems it is supposed to, or using a medication for something it's not really made for (I can't think of one on the top of my head but like a neurotic drug prescribed for like warts or something) I have a problem.

Like right now. I have a headache. Brought on probably from lots of worry and not feeling so hot. I will probably just lay down.

I don't want to 'numb' my problems. If I did I guess I could drink.

Anyway, I'm combining comments because I want to get off of here. I liked the photos! Hey drive by Washington Twp and photograph so I can see the old place!

Wow I'm so surprised gas is cheaper up there than down here. It's $4.00 in the city and high dollar suburbs. I would like to bike, but there's no damn way. So I am trying to get my exercise hiking. Got caught in the rain yesterday. Was nice.

Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

My name is Julia Bean and i would like to show you my personal experience with Klonopin.

I am 36 years old. Have been on Effexor for at least 5 months now. My dr put me on 5 to 10mg per night right from the start, I was on it for approximately 4 to 5 months before a friend showed up at my drs appt to tell him what was happening to me. I was sure I was losing my mind and afraid to tell them what was happening. They discontinued my klonopin on the spot and eventually all those symptoms went away it took months!! I don't recall having any withdrawl symptoms but I may have as I had never been on many meds before!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Periodic Amnesia that increased as time went on, confusion, blurred vision, Muscle Pain, Left Sided numbness and weakness, pneumonia... plus plus plus

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Julia Bean