Friday, November 24, 2006

Just Like Clockwork

There are certain days of the year when it isn't necessary to turn on the local TV news to see what the "top story" is. Around here, it's generally a fire or some huge traffic accident. Some days, however, are no-brainers for the folks at the local TV stations, and even the gang at CNN.
Today was one of those days. It is Black Friday. They write songs about it, and people start standing in line right after they finish their Thanksgiving dinner. Why? You tell me. I just watch 'em on the TV.
My impression of the gangs of people waiting around at 5am for the doors to open is that they are a pack of nitwits, led around by the short hairs by the lure of advertising, that promises Door Buster savings. Little do the stores know that the doors will almost truly be busted by the stampeding jerks who break through the barrier before the clerk has the key out of the door. You saw them today, I'm sure. It doesn't matter where you live, asshats populate the planet.For what, exactly? A $20 television set or a break on the price of a computer? Trample your fellow man in the spirit of the holidays.



As for me, I'd rather listen to the song and do my shopping on Cyber Monday:


4 comments:

Pam said...

That first video make me embarassd to be a member of the human race. What the hell is wrong with people?

Sheeple. Every last one of them.

Kate Michele said...

uggg... I think the "christmas spirit" was lost a long long time ago!

Ladyred said...

Won't catch me NEAR the mall or any other shopping facility. Although I toyed with the idea, during my momentary lapse of insanity because I needed to get something, but luckily it was only a nanosecond of lapse.

supergirlest said...

see? that's TOTALLY my impression of what hell must be like.